Chapter 14

"We should spend the day together." Toby suggested as he grabbed my book-bag and held my hand on our way to the cafeteria.

"And do what?"

"I don't know," he shrugged his muscular shoulders, "actually, I do." He licked his lips and I gave him the hand.

"Nope, first of all, you're not babe and second of all, I'm not doing that until I'm married."

Toby groaned and swung our hands back and forth as he opened the lunch room door with his free hand. I found a seat at the table Chloe, Nina, and I usually sat at but they were making up a lot of work these past few weeks. Toby came with some mystery meat and rice.

I eyed the meat suspiciously and Toby laughed.

"You wanna go off campus for lunch?" I nodded and he grabbed my hands after he threw the food in the trash can and opened the cafeteria doors. We signed out for lunch at the front desk and signed the little form before getting into Toby's car.

"It's nice." I stated as I leaned back into the comfortable carpet material.

"It was my dad's, my mom didn't want it to get rusty sitting in the driveway."

"Oh." I stayed simply and Toby looked at me before placing a gentle kiss on my lips. I allowed the gesture and Toby looked pleased enough to come back for more. I stopped him with my hand and pursed my lips.

"I said we could go out for something to eat, I never said you could get to this cookie."

"You're nasty." Toby stated cranky up the car. My jaw dropped.

"I'm the nasty one Mr. Broken Hymen?"

"I was just telling the truth, I'm going to break it sooner or later."

"You are way too cocky."

"It's not called being cocky when you're good." Toby popped his collar and leaned over to plant a kiss on my cheek. I slapped his arm and he backed the car out of the parking lot. We drove around downtown looking for somewhere to eat.

"Where do you want to eat?"

I leaned my head against the window and groaned, "I don't know Toby, just chose somewhere."

"Well excuse me for trying to treat you to a nice meal."

"Toby I'm hungry and that means I'm going to be moody until I get food into my system." I snapped as my stomach growled. Toby rolled his eyes and pulled into the first thing he saw which was some sort of old fashioned diner.

He opened the door for himself and walked away as me jaw dropped in shock. He laughed and turned around to open my door and then intertwined our fingers together. I looked at the white of his hand and the black of my hand and honestly couldn't tell a difference. Toby was a sweet guy most of the time and I couldn't really care less if he was purple.

We found a seat at a booth in the back and some hard-looking old woman found her way over to us. As she neared our table, I saw her actually smile.

"I'm Lauren and I'll he your waitress today, can I start you two off with something to drink?"

"I'll have a coke." I stated and pulled out a menu.

"Sweet tea." Toby responded to the lady and pulled out his own menu. She took the orders and we looked at the menu in silence until I shivered and placed my hands under my thighs.

"You cold?" Toby asked and I nodded. He took off his jacket and walked to my side of the booth. He draped his jacket on top of my shoulders and put hid arms around me. I shivered a little less with his muscular arms around me.

"So, when's your next fight?" I questioned to make conversation even though it wasn't needed. Toby and I had gotten to a point where silence was comfortable and not awkward at all.

He shrugged his shoulders, "most of the fights now, people are betting millions on and they don't want a kid to fight grown men. I honestly don't want to fight big men like that."

I kissed his cheek softly, "why don't you just quit?"

"Because I need money. My mom hasn't worked in years and she kinda just threw herself away after my dad died."

"I know you told me not to feel sympathy, but that's really sad Toby."

"He was her soulmate and call me old fashioned, but I believe a person only has one soulmate. A person that is meant for you, perfect for you. If that person dies, what are you anymore. It's like messing an arm of leg."

The waitress came and sat our drinks down and took our food orders before leaving. I considered everything Toby had said and found it weird that one person in this big world was made just for you. Toby and I ate before heading back to school and pecking each other lightly on the lips.

The school day passed quickly except for some annoying ass teaches giving us homework. I swear sometimes I feel like teachers don't have anything better to do than grade homework. I found Toby outside at the end of the day and asked for a ride home since I honestly didn't feel like riding some hot bus.

We got into his car and he began playing some music I had never heard of. I listened to a lot of different music, but I wasn't really informed on bands and stuff.

"What is this Toby?" I questioned and he raised the volume a little bit.

"I have no idea, but I think I like it." He drummed his hands against the wheel and danced like a wild man. I was nearly dying of laughter. He turned to music back down and looked over at me.

"Can I come over?"

"To my house?"

"To your neighbor's house." He stated sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll have to see if my mom is home and you have to be good Toby."

"I will be, I just wanna work on some homework together." He turned back to the road and I could see a smirk forming on his face. He know he not about to do homework.

My mom turned out to not be home and that meant Toby could come in. He squealed excitedly when I told him that news and hurried out the car and to the front door. We both went upstairs and I laid across my bed after pulling out my homework and textbooks.

"Toby." I scolded as he ran his hands up and down my sides. I should have known Toby wasn't coming to do work, but I had to admit I was in a bundle of nerves as he touched me.

"Can I be bae today?" He asked and I shook my head. I wasn't exactly ready to have a boyfriend yet and Toby would have to wait until I was.

"If you aren't planning on working, you can leave."

"I'm here now baby and there's nothing you can do to make me go."

I sat up and leaned towards Toby.

"Really?"

"Really." He said getting closer before crashing his lips onto mine. He moved his mouth against mine as I grabbed his shirt and buried my fingers nails into the fabric. He pulled my shirt up around the stomach and grabbed my waist firmly, hosting me into his lap. I wrapped my hands around his neck as his tongue slipped into my mouth and he deepened the kiss.

"Natalie! Who's car is that in the driveway!" My mom called from downstairs as she opened the door. I jumped off Toby and regained myself before running downstairs.

"Ma'am?"

"Who's car is that in the driveway?" She repeated.

"One of my friends had to go to the bathroom so I let him in."

"Him?"

"Yeah he should be coming downstairs really soon, his stomach's been bothering him lately."

Toby walked down the stairs holding his stomach and patted my shoulder before walking out of the door. I looked at my mom who eyed me suspiciously before telling me dinner would be ready soon. I walked back upstairs and laid on my bed. I let go of a breath and went back to my homework only to see a note written across my notebook page.

I'm calling myself your boyfriend whether you like it or not
~ your bae
I growled. Toby.