Chapter 24

"How's school?" My dad asked over a simple dinner. He looked up as if he actually cared about how school was.

"Horrible," I responded simply. I wasn't mad at my dad, but I was mad at his unwillingness to try and compromise something for me so I wouldn't have to go some horrid school.

"C'mon Nat, the school will only be as good as you make it."

"You can't simple make a school like that good. Horrible teachers, horrible students, a principal that barely cares. It's not a school, it's a mad house. Kids don't even show up for class and still get marked present."

"The school has a few rough edges, but you'll get used to it. You may even make some friends if you put in a little effort."

I rolled my eyes, stood up from the table and headed to my bedroom after disposing of my plate in the sink. I flopped down on my bed, lacking anything to do since homework was a rarity at that school. I pulled out my phone and noticed that Toby had yet to text me.

He probably thought I was still mad, but in honesty, I was over it. Toby was a big boy and hopefully he could sniff out danger before it blew up in his face. I texted him a smile face as sort of a peace offering, but even after thirty minutes, there was no reply. I waited even longer, but after an hour there was still no reply.

I was angry again.

I dialed Toby's number and get more pissed as each rang went by.

"Hey babe," Toby answered smoothly but it didn't send tingles through me as it usually did. His words felt empty.

"I texted you, not to sound clingy, but a text back would have been nice."

"I'm sorry, I guess I didn't feel my phone vibrate. We were playing games and the time slipped my mind."

"We?"

"Me and Nyla."

I sighed and hung up the phone. Why? Why had a I tricked myself into believing that Toby had seen the light and was going to suddenly be different? Why had I even considered that Toby was going to be a man about things and leave that hoe alone? Why had I trusted Toby even though I knew his past? Why was I so heartbroken by the truth?

I was pissed, sad, and hungry all at once. Toby was a cheating, lying, douchebag and I was just a girl that fell for him. Nothing more, nothing less.

Author's Note
I just want to take time to thank everyone, this is in fact the last chapter of the book. Thank you everyone for your love and support of the book.

I'm just kidding, I can't end the book like that. But how do you guys feel about Toatlie right now? I think there might be a new ship brewing, but I don't know. How many people ship Tyla?