Chapter 33

"It's your first day back Nat, why aren't you smiling?" Clo asked with her arm draped across my shoulder as we made our way through the hallways. I leaned against the locker beside Chloe's as she reached in to grab her books.

"Toby and I."

"Him again Nat? You need to drop him like a bad cold, it's obvious he still wants to be a man whore and you can't get your feelings tangled up into that."

"The situation is more complicated now," I bit my lip as Chloe looked over at me. She quickly touched my stomach and I swatted her hand away, " I'm not pregnant, Toby wants to get married."

"So he jumped from Nyla to family man? C'mon Nat, how can you not see what he's trying to do. He's trying to change this whole situation around on you, if you tell him no, he's going to be all mad and then make it seem like he's not the one who fucked up. That boy always has a master plan Natalie."

"I think he's serious though Clo, he brought a ring and everything. He's going into the military and I guess he wants something here for him when he gets back. He's going through a really tough time right now with his mom getting married and everything."

"Natalie your mom was in the hospital and he never spared to seconds to ask how she was. Toby is a con-man Natalie and he has you wrapped around his finger like his little slave. Soon you'll take Nyla's place and start fucking him for fun."

I sighed, "but I want to believe in him, I want to believe in us. I don't want to just give us up."

"You're not giving up anything Nat, you just need to let Toby get his head in the game. Toby honestly doesn't know what he wants, sometimes he wants a fuck buddy and other times he wants an upstanding woman and it's not your job to put up with his mood swings. You're letting him get too comfortable and soon he'll be back to his old ways of he knows all he has to do is present you with a ring and ask for your hand in marriage."

I thought about everything Chloe was saying as the day progressed and I was surprisingly began to see that she was right. The proposal couldn't have come at any worst time and his reasoning was a little shaky. The day went by deadly slowly, without any run-ins from Toby. It wasn't until lunch period that Toby showed up at the table with Chloe, Nina, and I.

"Have you made your decision?"

"She has," Chloe snapped before I could speak. I gave her a look and she folded her arms over her chest defensively.

"I need a little more time Toby."

"No she doesn't, she's sparing your heart, the answer is no."

"I'm sorry, do you have man? Or friends because you're all up in my business when you don't know anything about me."

"Natalie is my friend," Chloe started,"I'm not about to let her heart get beat by some wannabe Slim Shady."

Toby laughed, "wannabe Slim Shady? Really? You childish hoe."

"Toby!"

"You bed jumping man whore."

"Chloe!"

The table quieted down. Toby looked at his fingers while Chloe sat with her arms crossed looking both mad and sad at the same time. I took a deep breath upset that there was another problem in the way. My possible husband and my best friend not getting along was a big no-no. Toby reached over and touched my hand gently, he smiled sweetly showing his clean white teeth. I swallowed with great difficulty, this was not how I planned to spend my senior year. I wanted to have the typical senior experience, and now there was a chance I may be getting married.

"I'll tell you my answer later Toby, I gotta get to class."

"Alright, I just want you to know I'm not forcing you into anything. This is completely up to you, you know that right?"

"I know, I'll talk to you later Toby."

I got up from the table and exited the cafeteria with a group of other kids. The day passed quicker than I would have liked it to and that meant that I was another day closer to either becoming Mrs.King or never seeing Toby again.

Author's Note

Chloe made her first appearance for some time in this chapter and she was spitting some wisdom for Nat and a cold shoulder for Toby. I don't want to drag this story out longer than it needs to be just to get votes and reads and stuff so it probably won't be ten chapters, it will most likely be chapter 36 or 37 when this story ends. Also, the next chapter I'm going to skip to the end of the school year and Nat will have to make the big decision. That means the book will start winding down from this point. Thank you guys for the love and support you have shown for this book. I truly appreciate.