[27] birthday pizza

"Can you feed me some of that please," I requested, opening my mouth wide and waited for Elise to give me some chocolate-covered strawberries.

"Alright," she said, before reaching out to the bowl and complying with my wishes.  She relaxed her body into my arms as she took small sips from her wine. "Our last night in Vegas together."

"Mhm," I nuzzled my nose into her neck, peppering her soft skin with kisses. "Did you like it here?"

"Absolutely loved it," she exclaimed with a satisfied grin and brought her hand behind her to play with some of my curls. "Thank you, Bruno."

"It's no problem, really," I shrugged and rubbed up her stomach and down to her thighs underwater, the soap making it slippery. "I just wanted to get away with you for a few days, just before tour and I could go back to my daddy duties."

"I do miss the little ones," she agreed. "I called Cindy this morning to see how they're doing and she said they're doing fine."

"At least Liam has his cousins to play with this time," I laughed, referring to my nephew. "I called Eric earlier as well and he seems to enjoy looking after the monkeys."

"I kinda miss my parents," she admitted softly with a frown. "And I really want you guys to come in terms with each other. It sucks how mom still calls me, doubting my decision-making skills for taking you back in my life."

 "I understand. If I was in their shoes, I'd probably feel the same way," I assured her as I attempted to fix her hair which loosened down from a messy bun. "I only met them twice anyway – once when they visited us in LA and another was after your accident, and we were no longer together anymore. Your mom was pretty pissed when she saw me both times."

"I'm sorry about that," she said, her beautiful green eyes gazing into mine sincerely. "Speaking of..." she paused. "There's actually someone I owe greatly."

"And who is this 'someone' you're talking about?" I asked, running my fingers from her collarbones, shoulders, arms and down to her hands.

"Well, let's just say he or she took care of my financial needs after the accident and I have yet to thank whoever the person is." She rested the champagne glass at the table next to the marble bathtub we were nuzzled in.

A smirk found its way into my lips. God, she was adorable. "Baby," I whispered in her ear, grabbing her bare waste and tugging her gently so she could face me completely. As she straddled me, I kissed her forehead and grinned, "That was me."

To say she was caught off-guard was probably an understatement. Her eyes widened and her jaw drop in disbelief as her eyes searched for any falsehood in my statement. I guess she found none when she wrapped her arms and legs around me tightly, almost knocking the breath out of me.

"Bruno, oh my God, it all makes sense now!" she exclaimed before attacking my face with kisses and hungrily attacking my mouth with hers. "I just know my mom won't hate you anymore once I tell her this. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"I love you, I love you," I panted in between kisses and pulled her small figure towards mine impossibly closer. "I love you."

It was impossible, but I somehow found myself falling deeper in love with Elise. It wasn't because she was a new person for forgetting everything between us, but because she left her past behind her, she has this new and happy perspective towards life. She didn't dwell on her past failures but focused on her future endeavor and I was gonna be right there with her.

.

By the time we got back to Los Angeles, it felt like we were both hurled back to reality. I had to resume rehearsals, interviews, and promotions for the tour – all whilst fulfilling my obligations as a father.