[7] bleakness

She walks past me, completely ignoring my presence. My heart dropped, knowing she was probably doing this deliberately to disregard me and that I obviously wasn't forgiven. As she was an arm's length, I shot my hand out to hold on to her shoulder, the feel of her skin on mine sent shivers down my spine.

She jerked under my touch as she whipped her head back to me, her hair almost slapping my face in the process. She looked panicked yet curious at the same time — something I couldn't completely comprehend at the moment. "Erm, do you need anything sir?"

Oh that voice, that tender voice that comforted me when I was on my lowest point. That voice flowing from my ears and into my heart causing it to beat rapidly on my chest every time she encouraged me to keep doing what I love to do. But when my mind shifted back to gear, processing the words that flowed out of her mouth caused me to pause. "What?"

"Sir, if there's really nothing you'd like to tell me—" she said as politely as possible, slowly tugging her elbow away from my hold. "—I think you should leave now."

"But—" And that's when I realized Cassie was standing next to me, looking as lost as I was at the moment. "I'll explain later, Cass."

She nods weakly and walks with the guys to the car.

I flick my eyes back to Elise who was already moving away from me already, horror rising through me. "Elise!" I yell out, jogging towards her to attain her attention once more.

She faces me and a cute scowl appears on her face with hands on her hips. "What. Do. You. Want. Now," she hissed under gritted teeth, obviously holding back temper.

"To talk to you," I said immediately, locking my eyes on her mesmerizing ones.

"Why?" she asks clueless like a lost puppy as confusion stirred inside me once more. "Look," she says with a sigh, breaking me out of my trance, "I don't even know you and suddenly you're chasing me around saying you need to tell me something that must be oh-so important but when I ask you what it concerns you'd just stare at me like a creep. Now what exactly is going on?"

I almost wanted to strangle her for saying such words but frowned instead. Wait a minute. Did she just say she doesn't know me? What exactly is going on? Questions started swimming around my head as I tried to organize my thoughts, going over the correct words of what to say to her. "Y-y-you don't know me?" I stammered, rubbing the back of my neck sheepishly. Well that was worse than expected. "El, are you serious?"

"Oh." She suddenly jerked as if remembering something, her luscious lips parted as her eyes scanned over me for a while then sighed. "I-I was in a car crash a few weeks ago," she stuttered and hesitated to continue but eventually shrugged, "And that caused me a little amnesia. I'm sorry by the way for acting so rude."

I suddenly felt nauseous at the thought that the girl I loved dearly is now undergoing such thing, the if only list slowly building in my brain. If only I had given more time for her then my career. If only I hadn't let her go that easily. If only I was next to her at all times. "No, I understand."

"Thank you," she said softly with a small smile playing on her lips. She still looked beautiful nonetheless. "Anyway, I figured you must be like a friend? Since you knew me and wanted to talk to me."

"I—," I paused to find the right words to say, torn between telling her the truth of what we were before. I finally decided to just go with my gut feeling then inhaled before saying, "I know this might end in an awkward note but...weusedtodate."

A part of me wanted her to grasp the message from all the blabbering I was doing in the last part of the statement and a part of me didn't want to as well. I didn't know what to expect from her, let alone if she would even accept me in her life again.