[10] the sisters

My mother did a little dance before running to the door as the living room suddenly amplified with greetings, hugs and kisses.

Cassie and I followed her there as I saw all four of my sisters on the living room, embracing each and everyone.

"Aye sistahsss," I welcomed them in a girly manner, extending my arms wide open for them and closed my eyes just waiting for them to shower me with love.

The room then grew silent as I opened my eyes, meeting their weirded out expressions and a few sniggers from Eric and Josh.

"What?" I asked, my arms still wide open. "Ain't you gonna give your Grammy-award winning brother some love?"

"Hey bro, you grew a centimetre," Presley-being the silent joker-broke the tension in the air, making everyone in the room burst into laughter. "Congrats."

"Very funny," I replied, rolling my eyes as I dropped my arms to my side instead. But it really was quite sad to see all of my sisters in heels, making almost everyone in the room taller than me.

"Now girls," my mom said, pointing over to me. "It's been so long since your brother visited and I'm sure we're all so proud of him so be nice and give him hugs."

"Ha, you heard the queen of the house," I retorted before giving my mom a wink knowing she appreciated the complement, raising a taunting brow towards my youngest sister who scoffed and eventually walked closer to me and gave me a half-hug before breaking our embrace. "Hey what kind of hug was that? I didn't feel the love."

"Ugh, you're still the same," Tiara groaned before hugging me with more meaning this time, "I thought LA would've change you and your idiotic little ass."

"Be happy I'm still the humble ol' Bruno you all knew," I replied, this time receiving a hug from Tahiti.

"You just gave humility a really bad exemplar," Tahiti replied before unlocked our hug and pinching my nose really hard-something she used to always do to me to tease me when we were younger.

"Owww," I whined, rubbing my nose which has probably gone red. "What is it with you and your kids squeezing the life out of my body parts?"

Then a realization hit me.

"What was that?" I asked, cupping my ear and turning one side of my head closer towards her. "Did I just hear my dummy of a sister-who barely graduated high school-use the word 'exemplar' in her sentence?"

"Oh please," she scoffed, placing her hands on her hips and rolled her eyes. "Says the guy who doesn't bring books to school!"

"Hey, I was a smart kid," I retorted, crossing my arms over my chest condescendingly. "and the teachers loved me."

"Yeah right, you were stuck in detention three days a week. You mean, you loved the teacher; remember Ms. Ailana?" she asked, a mischievous grin plastered on her face. "Do you remember stealing mom's ring so you could give it to her? And what about the poetry you used to write about her?"

Her throwback revelations left me speechless, already feeling heat travel from my neck and unto my cheeks and hearing a few giggles here and there when they heard about my troubled teenage days. I did a small glance at Cassie, seeing her try to suppress her laughter as I slumped my shoulders and racked my brain for a better comeback. "That was just a crush-at least I didn't flirt with every guy in class."

Her jaw dropped, making one side of my lip curl up in a cocky manner. "I did not!" she exclaimed, her face turning into a scowl.

"Kids, please stop bickering. Two years out of each other's lives and here you are, pulling each other's hair out," my mom announced, pulling us apart. Tahiti shot me a dirty look before walking to Josh and her little boys to greet them.