[4] rendezvous

"1, 2, 3...Smile for the camera boys," she chirpily orders, pointing the lens towards us as we put on our million-dollar smiles. "And...That's a wrap!"

"That's pretty much it?" Ari asks, standing from his melodramatic position on the piano.

"Yeah..." A funny look was etched on her expression, dropping the camera slowly to leave it hanging around her neck. "I figure you guys love the camera too much?"

"I'm telling ya Cass," I say, collapsing in one of the computer chairs in the rather small studio as I playfully twirl around like a little boy. "We're models."

"Including Ari?"

"Including that little Jew over there." I nod and motion my unsteady finger towards him.

"Says the pop star who's always introduced as 'pint-sized'," he air quoted and rolled his eyes annoyingly.

"Aw come on, man. Not in front of the lady," I whispered the last part but earned a small giggle from her.

"Alright, you're both fun-sized. Happy?" Phil sighs exasperatingly before shaking his head and puts his arm around Ari's small shoulders leading him towards the exit of the room. "Excuse us, Cassie but Ari and I have something to attend to outside."

"We do?" Ari asks dumbly before Phil returned in with a smack on the back of his shaved head.

"Yes we do." Phil nudges his head towards me with an encouraging look. "Just, erm, the Brunz will keep you company."

I wait before they completely left the room, their footsteps slowly fading away along with Ari's questioning as to what they were up to. I put on an anxious smile, fidgeting with my ring and motioned towards the couch on the far side of the area. "Coffee before you leave?"

"Sure." She smiles sweetly and situates herself on the vintage leather couch while I prepared her the coffee, the tension in the room rising as the brewing of the beverage was the only thing audible.

I cleared my throat when I got the cue it finished and slowly set the two ceramic mugs on the surface of the wooden table - a miniature toy piano served as a centrepiece. "So, I wanna ask you something, Cass."

She does a tiny nod, a quick mumble of gratefulness for the drink and brings the rim to her lips as she took a small sip.

"Um, I really like you and I was wondering if-" It took me a long time to affix my gaze on her and couldn't help the fluttering in my heart when I saw her grin widening. "-you would like to go out for a Valentine's dinner tonight."

"Sure, no problem." She keeps her smile up as I let out a breath - something I have been holding to for quite a while. We ended up having small talk and whatnot, but saving the deep stuff for tonight's dinner date. The grin never left my face thinking how as I watched her in amusement, loving how enthusiastic and lively she was, still dazed at the fact that this girl actually said yes.

Once our cups have been emptied and the sun has been slowly setting, she bid farewell saying she needed time to get ready and fix herself - which was actually unnecessary because she looked perfect. But then she insisted she didn't want to go out in just sweats and a tank top so I let her, she left giving me a quick hug and thanks for the photo shoot opportunity.

As if on cue, the boys came back from God-knows-what they were doing, curious looks on their faces. "So..."

"Who can resist my boyish good looks and dedication to women?" I asked, almost as if I was talking to myself then settled my gaze on them with a condescending grin. "Of course she said yes."

.

"I know I've said this again but," I started off, staring at a gorgeously dressed Cassie behind a wine glass from across me in astonishment. "You look so beautiful."