Past friends •Sam Kiszka•

I'm walking down the street with my headphones in, enjoying the sunny september morning. I promised my mom I'd go to the store for her, and I was planning on doing some shopping of my own. As I look down to make sure my steps are synchronized to the beat, someone bumps into me. I tumble on the ground and fall on my ass. "Oh my god I am SO sorry!" A worried voice enters my ears. "It's fine, don't worry about it," I say as I get up and dust off my pants. I finally look up, and my breath hitches. It's him.

"Sam? Wow, you're...different." He laughs and shrugs, "I'm still the same old Sam, just a little taller." I stare at him for a moment and completely lose my train of thought. "Well, I better go. See ya.." I give him no chance to respond and walk away as quickly as I can. "Wait! Please, let me talk to you." I hear him call out. My eyes burn as I turn around, looking at him expectantly. "Well?"

"I don't know what happened, you were just so distant all of a sudden. We used to be best friends, remember?" He cocks his head to one side and waits for my answer. "Are you really that stupid? You kissed the one girl I truly can't stand, in front of me, at a party you said you weren't going to because you were "busy". I think you can put the pieces together and figure out what happened."

"I already told you that I was sorry for lying to you about that, I still am. And I'm sorry for kissing her, but we were drunk and things happen. I don't know what else to tell you." I scoff while wiping my tears away. "How fucking hard is it to gather from all this that I liked you? Like, a lot? You must've been blind, because everyone seemed to notice except you."

His mouth falls open. "Wait, what? No one ever told me that." He rubs his stubble and looks down. "Why do you even care now? Don't you think it's a little late for that?" I bite my lip and fiddle with the necklace on my neck, which was a gift from Sam. He takes a few steps closer to me, I can smell his all too familiar scent.

"Is it too late to do this?" He puts his hand on my jaw and pulls me in. His touch is almost electric, as is his kiss. It's like there's no one around us, like we're all alone. I deepen the kiss and put my arm around his neck, doing what I'd always been dreaming of.

He pulls away and looks at me. I blush, "I think it was the perfect time to do that."

sorry for such a short one!! i got a sudden burst of guilt cus i havent written anything in so long :( hope u guys enjoyed lov u xoh