The stylist •Jake Kiszka•

The lights were dimming, the amps were humming, and the crowd was going wild. One chord and the roars of the crowd doubled in volume. A powerful vocal cut through the instruments, commencing the chaos.

This was your typical night. Getting to your location, building up the stage, dressing the boys and then watching from the sidelines. You listen intently to the set being played, knowing it front to back.

Since a little under a year you've been Greta van Fleet's stylist, getting the job through an old classmate. You went to a small high school in Frankenmuth, along with the guys you're currently working for. You always wanted to end up in the concert scene, whether it'd be sound tech, musician or stylist.

You knew the guys, since you used to share some classes. The whole job offer took place in a local coffee shop in town.

One year ago
"Hey, Donna!" You turn around to see a familiar face. "Oh my god, Jake! How are you? I haven't seen you in forever!" You manage to stay calm, screaming inside. You'd had a crush on Jake Kiszka for the whole of high school, not really knowing why. You'd been on some dates, and you really thought it could lead somewhere. Jake on the other hand, didn't want to get too attached, so he left for tour without even saying goodbye. You could feel the tension of unresolved feelings bubbling up. "Say, how about you come join our table? Josh and Sam are here too!". His voice snaps you out of your thoughts. "Yeah sure!" You reply with a smile. As you sat down at their table, one thing led to another and soon their manager was being called and a contract was written and signed.

Present day
Enjoying the music, you find yourself thinking of the encounters you and Jake have shared while on tour. You close your eyes and think about the time he kissed you out of nowhere, without saying anything. His hands roaming your body, in the dressing room of a venue.

A thundering applause snaps you out of your thoughts, pulling you back into reality. As you open your eyes you see the guys waving at the crowd and coming your way. Sam reaches you first, yet you make eye contact with Jake for a split second, who's behind him. "That was amazing you guys!" You say as Sam envelops you in a hug. He keeps his arm around your shoulders as you guys head back to the dressing rooms.

Beers are being popped open, but you are in the need of some air. You're one of the only two smokers, Jake being the other one. "I'm going out for a smoke, I'll be right back." You smile at the guys and exit the room, finally being able to breathe. You just reach the backdoor as you hear his voice. "Wait up Donna!" Jake stumbles behind you, being a little tipsy and still high on adrenaline.

Your cheeks heat up, the lack of light conveniently masking it. You stand in the little smoking area, lighting your cigarette and passing your lighter to Jake. It's silent, you guys both just standing there. You subconsciously shiver, wrapping your arms around you due to the lack of a jacket.

"You cold?" Jake carefully asks as he's already taking his jacket off. He wraps it around your shoulders, standing awfully close behind you. You inhale his scent as you feel his hand snaking around your waist.

"....Jake." You whisper.

He moves your hair out of the way and plants a kiss in your neck. You completely lose yourself in his touch, leaning into his embrace. He grabs your left hand, which is wrapped around your torso, with his right and spins you around. You can feel his breath on your lips as you look him in the eye. It's quiet and calm for a second as you just look at each other. 

He breaks the calmness by roughly grabbing your jaw and pulling your face to his, closing the space between you. He kisses you passionately, making you forget about the weird tension that's been hanging around you two whenever you're together.

You pull away from him, realizing you were mad at him. "No, stop. It doesn't work like that. You can't just want to be with me on your terms." You take a step back and cross your arms. "Donna I-". You cut him off "Have you even told them about this? You said you would! You're ashamed of me aren't you?" You turn your back to him and bite your lip.

He walks around you, pulling you into a tight hug. You try to fight it but you notice it's no use, so you just stand there accepting his embrace. "I will tell them. I just need time." He calmly says. You angrily look up at him "But why are you the only one who gets to decide on that? I'm apart of this too." He just looks at you, smiling.

"I'm done with this Jake." You say as you remove yourself from his grasp and start to head back inside. He grabs your arm and pulls you back. "Jake I swea-" You start, but you don't get to finish your sentence.

He once again crashes his lips onto yours, making you feel a whole lot of different things. You really can't win with a guy like this...