Sydney adventures •Jake Kiszka•

It was January 27th and you were in Sydney with the boys. They just had an amazing show, the adrenaline rushing through their veins as they ran off the stage. Jake put his guitar in its stand and immediately sprinted towards you. "That was amazing!" You say as he hugs you tight with his sweaty body. "Having you in the corner of my eye made it even better." He whispered into your ear as he pulled you in even tighter.

"Guys, wanna come with? We're gonna look around town, see if there's any bars." Josh asked as he put his arm around your shoulder. "Do you want to Jake?" You ask, intrigued by the idea. "Let's do it! Just gotta change my clothes, we'll be out in a few minutes Josh!" Josh gave you a big kiss on the cheek and slapped Jake on his back in a brotherly fashion.  "Don't get held up lovebirds!" He called out as he walked away. You guys laughed and walked to the dressing room, hand in hand.

"So, do we know of any fun bars around here or are we really entirely unfamiliar?" You asked as Jake took off his shirt. "Hm, I don't know. We'll have fun anyway." He said as he walked up to you and put his arms around you. He gave you a kiss on your forehead. You peeked out behind him and shuffled towards the big pile of clothes, Jake shuffling backwards. "What are you doing?" He asked with a small laugh. "I saw a pretty shirt for you to wear!" You said as you reached your arms past him to grab it. "Got it!"

Jake got dressed again and you guys walked outside, where Danny was talking on the phone and Josh was smoking a cigarette while having a discussion with Sam about the difference between people from New Zealand and people from Australia. "Do you guys ever manage to have a conversation without ending up in these stupid debates?" You asked them. Sam's eyes widened in mock-offense "How dare you ask such a question, of course not!" You laughed and made your way to the car, excited for the night out.

You and Jake sat close together, holding each others hands. His thumb stroked your knuckles as you rested your head on his shoulder. "Aren't you guys tired?" You asked all of them. "Nope" They said in unison. "The jet lags suck, but a performance always gives you so much energy." Danny said. "I'm so happy you guys get to do this, the thing you love, for a living." You said with a big smile. "And I'm glad to have you at my side during all of this." Jake whispered in your ear.

You finally arrived at a small, cozy looking bar. Josh pushed open the door, revealing a foggy, dimly lit, but filled bar. Groups of people were scattered around the tables, laughing and talking. You guys found an empty booth and sat down. "What do you all want?" Jake asked. The boys all wanted a beer, but you weren't sure so you told Jake you'd come with. Together you walked to the bar, looking around and finding a new decoration on the wall with each blink. You ordered the beers, switching Josh's order with a salty dog, knowing he loved those. "I'll have a salty dog too!"

Jake took the lead as you walked back to the booth. "Ah! A salty dog, haven't had one in a while!" Josh said, smiling like a little kid. You guys all sipped your beverages, talking and laughing the night away. You noticed a jukebox and got up to put in a coin to pick a song. Being slightly tipsy, you stumbled over your own feet a little. You felt Jakes hand on your hip. "Careful now" He said in a low voice. You laughed and pulled him with you to the jukebox.

"Fancy a dance?" You asked in a theatrical voice, after putting in a coin and choosing a song. "Why yes m'lady." He bowed and took your hand. He pulled you close as you swayed to the rhythm of the song. "Jake, thank you for letting me into this beautiful world of yours. You make me really happy." Your cheeks turned a light pink. Jake smiled and replied "Thank you for being in this beautiful world of mine. It'd be way less fun without you." You giggled and danced to a few more songs, losing track of time and living in the moment.