What a tease •Jake Kiszka•

It's 2.43 pm and you're aimlessly staring at your test, chewing on your pen 'cause you're hungry as shit. You hear someone whisper and look up, searching for the person who the voice belongs to. His eyes meet yours and he smirks, mouthing "Milkshakes?". You giggle and quickly nod, before focusing on your test again.

Jake, the boy in question was one of the hottest guys in school. Every girl had a crush on him, yet he always walked through the halls on his own. He could just smile at you and you'd instantly be a puddle. For about 6 months now he was your new neighbor, after you moved to his town to be closer to your mothers work. You still remember seeing him for the first time, what an event that was....

"Hey, nice butt." A voice startled you, and you quickly realized you were bent over, and also wearing a skirt. You turned around, a beet red face and feeling veeery awkward. "Ummm, hello to you too?", you sort of asked. In front of you there was a very handsome guy, with long brown hair and dark eyes. "I'm Jake.", he said as he held his hand out for you to shake. "Hi Jake, I'm Joe. Since you were just standing here looking at my butt I presume you're not busy right now?", you jokingly ask. "Well, if you're asking me to help you right now, I'd rather stand here and watch you pick up all of those boxes by yourself to be honest." Without any shame he grinned at you, already holding his arms out for you to hand him a box.

The bell finally rings and pulls you out of your thoughts. Jake is already standing at your table, holding out his hand. You know he wants you to take it, but you hand him your test. He looks at you in confusion. "Thanks for bringing my test to the front, I'll be at your car in five." You wink and walk to your locker.

You endlessly teased him, always flirting without ever actually acting on the things you'd say. Quickly brushing your hair and grabbing your jacket you head out to the parking lot, seeing Jake leaning against his car with a cigarette. "Took you long enough.", he joked as he flicked his cigarette away. You roll your eyes and hop in his car, actually being kind of nervous to be in there with him.

He slowly gets in and quizzically looks at you. "What?", you ask with a small laugh. He plops his hand down on your thigh and roughly squeezes it. "I'll figure you out soon enough, little tease.", he looks you in the eye and makes you a little shy. "Just go, it's almost milkshake happy hour, wouldn't wanna miss it.", you quickly retort and look down.

You've almost arrived at the little diner when you realize his hand is still on your thigh. You kind of want to say something, but you also don't want him to take it off. Since the beginning you guys' chemistry was undeniable, but you didn't peg Jake to be the sort of guy to settle down and commit to one girl. You look up and see that you've finally arrived after what felt like hours.

As you unbuckle, Jake is already opening the door for you, holding his hand out once again. He cocks his head to the side, almost like a little puppy. You know he's hoping you'll take his hand this time, and you do. The smallest smile ever plays on his lips, and you can't help but to feel almost honored.

"A strawberry and a mango-kiwi please." Jake orders and you're surprised he remembered your favorite, seeing it has been over a month since you went here together. Jake pays and takes the shakes from the guy behind the counter. They exchange a nod and Jake walks off to find an empty booth.

"No, sit here?", Jake asks as you go to sit opposite of him. You sigh, but you sit next to him. "You seem off today Jake, what's going on?", you ask, sipping on your milkshake and looking at him. "You know what's going on Joe.", he replies without meeting your eyes. "You're so weird, and you should be happy I like weird 'cus otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here with you." You laugh at your own joke.

"See, you always do this.", Jake starts but quickly stops talking. "Do what?", you don't get it. "You flirt with me but when I do it back you make it seem like a joke.", he finally looks up at you. Your mouth falls open. "Wait, that's what's going on?" You laugh and look at him.

"You know I like you Jake, and if you don't you're either very naive or just blind.", you tell him, feeling a weight being lifted off of your chest. You put your hand on his arm. "And all this time you had me thinking 'what a tease'! You're lucky you're so sexy.", he finishes talking and immediately kisses you, closing the gap that had been there for months.