~ T H I R T Y F O U R ~

After staying in the medical room for a week, Jungkook and Namjoon helped me up to the room I had been staying in previously. They didn't say much to me but they were tense and when I heard a female giggle, I knew why.

Dr Yook still hadn't left.

Jungkook opened my bedroom door for me and tried to usher me inside but it was too late. I had already seen her leaving Taehyung's room. Taehyung stopped at the door and the doctor kissed him quickly before noticing me.

"Oh!" She said, "Hello, Hana. How are you feeling?"

I glanced at Taehyung before walking into my room, slamming the door. I'd have to apologise to Jungkook and Namjoon later but I was too furious to face anyone. I flicked the lock on the door and limped over to my bed. It took me a few minutes to get settled but when I did, I burst into tears and covered my mouth so no one could hear the long sobs.

I was such an idiot. I knew someone like him would have a girlfriend and here I was crying in bed because I thought he liked me. Even though I knew he killed people, I couldn't help but like him. I don't know what it was, but everything about him made me fall. I knew it was too good to be true.

Someone who has a below-average wouldn't be so lucky to find someone like Taehyung. I was kidding myself to ever think I'd be happy and have someone to love me just as much as I loved them.

My parents were right. I was a no-good daughter. I had lived up to their expectations of being a failure. I couldn't even fall for the right guy. To be honest, they probably didn't even care about me being kidnapped. They were probably celebrating that they didn't have to deal with me anymore. 

A loud sob broke through my hand and there was a knock on the door.

"Petal?" Jin called through the door, "Is everything ok?"

I squeezed my eyes shut and ignored him. I didn't want to face anyone while I was crying. I was hurting physically and emotionally. I had never felt such hurt before and I had been rejected a few times by men I thought I got on well with.

"Petal, can I come in please?" He said, knocking on the door again, "I have the keys to every room if you don't open the door,"

A few seconds later, I heard my door open and the bed dipped where he sat down.

"Are you in pain?" He asked putting his hand on mine, "Shall I get Dawon for you?"

"No. I don't want her near me right now,"

Jin sighed, "I know why you are upset and I want to apologise on behalf of-"

"You don't need to apologise for anyone," I sniffed, and wiped my eyes, wincing slightly at the bruises, "It isn't your fault I fell for that jackass. It isn't your fault he lied to me about having a girlfriend,"

"I...I'm sorry," He said, linking his fingers with mine, "I didn't mean to say those things to you. I was so angry at the situation and I took it out on you. You were the easy target and I can't apologise enough for my actions. If I hadn't had said those things, you would never have been taken and beaten,"

I shook my head, "I chose to run away. That was my fault. I shouldn't have been so childish and just thrown a plate at you,"

Jin smiled and nodded, "I would have preferred that. Is there anything I can do to make you happy?"

"Erase my memory and let me live my boring life before I met you?" I whispered and he sighed, "I feel like an idiot. Everything was going to well and something always happens,"

"I don't understand why he didn't tell you," Jin said, running his hands through his hair, "I always thought he had told you, that was why you kept turning his advances down,"

"Nope. He didn't tell me but what can you do?" I said, swallowing the lump in my throat, "I'm used to being hurt like that so I will get over it,"

"I don't like how normal that sounds," He said, "Ok. I won't let you mope in this room. Join me in the kitchen and you can watch me make dinner. How does that sound?"

"I'm really not up for-"

"I won't take no for an excuse, Petal," Jin smiled softly at me, "Just remember, that things will always get better. I promise,"

"If you say so," I muttered.

"No time for pouting, Petal," He said standing up, "I will cook you whatever you want,"

I sat at the island helping Jin cut some vegetables and the knife was so sharp I didn't hurt myself trying to cut them. I'd have to ask to take these home because the knives at home were so blunt they wouldn't cut anything.

"How long have you been working at your place then?" Jin asked, slicing into some chicken.

"A while," I said, "They probably don't miss me. I had a resting bitch face and people thought I was mean, so never spoke to me,"

"Judging a book by its cover never works out well,"

"I liked to keep to myself," I sighed, "I don't trust people easily,"

"You trusted us quickly,"

I smiled, "Yes, well I had no choice. You have looked after me, despite making me cry,"

"I have a personal question to ask,"

"I'm not a virgin and no, I don't have a boyfriend. I've not had sex in about a year and the last guy I went on a date with told me we weren't compatible because he said I looked boring in bed, which isn't true. I'm open to ideas," I said, "My parents aren't nice people and were never there for me when I needed them. I was a failure and never did anything right. I never made them proud and they hate me. They probably don't even care that I am missing. They are probably throwing a party because they don't have to deal with my failures in life and how I can't-"

"Petal, stop," Jin said, putting his hand over my mouth, "For starters, how did you know I was going to ask you anything to do with your sex life? Also, your parents aren't parents if they can't be proud of a beautiful girl like you. You aren't a failure. You are a strong woman and if you were my daughter or even my girlfriend, I'd be proud of you,"

"Jesus," I said, "Don't say that. You will make me cry,"

"Has no one told you that you make them proud?"

I shook my head, "What is there to be proud of?"

"Everything. Look at you!" He said, "You are one of the best girls I had ever met. You are beautiful, funny and courageous. You have an awesome arm on you and managed to save us. You might not believe it, but I am proud of you. I haven't known you for too long and to be honest, I didn't want to meet you,"

"Thanks," I said rolling my eyes.

"But I'm glad I have," He said, putting his hand on my cheek, "Don't let anyone ever tell you that you are a failure because you are not,"