The Last One for Mom

"LOVING YOU WAS SUNSHINE, SAFE AND SOUND. A STEADY PLACE TO LET DOWN MY DEFENCES, BUT LOVING YOU HAD CONSEQUENCES"

Ryan finding out I kissed Jesse wasn't exactly the best birthday present I could have got. Thankfully, I convinced him to not tell Jess as long as I agreed to never see Jesse again.

As though I am a child being told what to do, but I can't blame them. Not after I was stupid enough to fall for Jesse all over again, after everything he put me through. 

"So how did you enjoy your birthday?" Kidd comes over, "go home with anyone special?" She winks. "Just Jess and Ryan" I answer, "threesome, I dig it" she smirks. "Speaking of Ryan, is he single?" She asks, "I'm only asking because I am pretty sure he was flirting with me" she adds.

"He is single" I nod, "and also gay," I tell her. 

"Oh" Kidd sighs, "the good looking ones always are" she jokes.

We finish getting changed and go into the living area.

"So I am about to go outside and rinse the rig" I walk over to Severide, "okay" he shrugs, "with Capp" I emphasise. "Have fun" he grins, "just telling you in case you changed your mind" I hint, "nope" he adamantly shakes his head.

"If I say sorry will you change your mind?" I offer.

"No" he chuckles, before spinning me around and directing me towards the rig, "I thought we were friends" I try to push against him but he keeps a tight grip, "what made you think that?" He jokes.

"Come on Lewis" Capp comes over and takes me away.

"Help me" I mouth to Severide who laughs and walks back inside.

"Okay so you take the back and I will take the front" he grabs a hose before throwing the other at me, I am not really paying attention but I just about catch it before it hits me in the head.

"Capp!" I exclaim.

"Not my fault that you are not paying attention" he shrugs. 

We plug them into the fire hydrants before starting to rinse down the rig.

"Hey while you guys are it" Severide comes over, "Truck and Ambo are looking pretty dirty" he smirks before walking back. 

We finish rinsing the squad rig and I jump in, reversing the rig back under the shelter as Capp pulls the Truck forward for us to rinse. 

"Lewis watch out!" Capp pretends like he is losing control of the hose which makes me jump out of the way, banging into the truck as Capp starts uncontrollably laughing. 

"Capp that is not funny!" I yell.

"I found it funny" he shrugs as we finish rinsing Truck and go to rinse the Ambo. 

"Lewis look what I can do!" He starts doing a trick with the hose which causes him to actually lose control this time as the hose points directly at me. He stops laughing when he realises that he completely drenched me in water. 

"I'm sorry" He apologises.

"Turn it off Capp!" I order.

 He runs to turn the water off as the hose spurts one last spray of water at me before shutting off. 

"Sorry" he walks back over, I move my wet hair out of my face so I can glare at him before grabbing a towel from inside the ambulance to try and dry myself slightly. 

Walking back into the firehouse, the sound of the water in my shoes attracts all the attention to me as the others laugh at the fact that I look like a wet dog. Severide in particular finds this very amusing.