A Dark Truth 6

Obi-wan packed everything he was going to need to Alderaan, including his lightsaber.

In the middle of the cold harsh night on Tatooine he swiftly made his way to Mos Espa with an easy pace hearing the sand crunch under his feet. The journey was tyring especially on foot.

He kept going through knowing the dangers that lerk at night in the desert.

He finally saw the dim lights ahead for he found what he was looking for.
His face was hidden underneath his dark, ripped, brown cloak which danced in the cold breeze.

I looked around me trying to regain my breathing pace for I was getting older and sadly not as athletic as I used to be. Force I feel old and
I'm only 38, and I know that one day sooner than I realise, 40.

I shudder at that thought.

Time flies unfortunately.

I'm starting to wish I did a little more in my life and I don't mean by those dangerous missions that I had been sent by the Jedi council to do,
I've had enough of that for a long time, I mean live a normal life that isn't in absolute isolation or in hiding.

Like that's going to happen.

I found the local bar which I couldn't believe that I was going there for a second time.
I entered the sand structure dome and hid my face among the crowd.
I know many of the people just looking at them.
Smugglers, bounty hunters, pickpocketers, gamblers and people who drink their sorrows away.

I'm definitely classed as those people.
But I'm not here for cheap thrills.

Most people here have a distaste for the Empire for they get into big amounts of trouble because of them but in my opinion they had it coming.
They will try to avoid the Empire as much as possible which is very good for me.

Problem is, their prices are ridiculously high but it's the safest option.

I went through the crowd asking if anyone could fly me to Alderaan.

I then finally found one.
His name was Ulic Qel-Droma.
He had wavy, dark brown, hair and fair skin. He told me he had a ship that he boasted about how it can go by any security. I then told him what I was really there for.

"So I was just wondering if your ship could get me to Alderaan."

"Is there any cargo or items you don't want to be detected?"

"Only a two lightsabers both belonging to dead Jedis' "

"I'm guessing your the only passanger
I could get you there, but there's going to be a price."

"How much?"
"Since it's just you let's say... 8,000 credits."
"8,000? That is far too much. Presides, I'm the only passager."

"Exactly, you are carrying no large illegal substances except two lightsabers, nobody is with you but yourself and you look harmless but you want to avoid the Empire because of personal reasons.

Isn't that a little surspisious?
Of course I would like to avoid the Empire too only causes large amounts of hassle for me to deal with and my services can provide avoiding them, but you?
Why would they want an old man like yourself?"

"First of all I'm only 38, second just like you said the Empire is a big hassle to come by. I'm not carrying anything illegal except two lightsabers, so if you were... caught shall we say? You won't get into much trouble since they are easy to hide in plane sight."

"The thing is... Jabba the Hutt, I own him some money and need to pay him off in a week, you know what's that like don't you?"

"No because I don't 'borrow' money from Crime Lords. They are called Crime Lords for a reason. "