40

(A/N): Its been like three months, but here i am, i'm finishing it now. This is the first of 3 updates of the night/day. I hope the wait has been worth it. Prepare for the fluff

5 Months Later

They hadn't been dating for very long. Five months had passed since Catras confession. Both of them decided to sort out their feelings for each other, and about their situation, before they started dating.

Now after months of painstaking anxiety and procrastination, of lies and deceit, and lastly forgiveness they had finally reached a point where they were happy.

Being together didn't magically resolve all the problems in their lives, but being in love (even though neither wanted to admit it, they were that couple) gave them hope for their future. Neither Adora nor Catra were alone now. They didn't have to work through their issues by themselves.

Being in love meant supporting each other no matter how difficult things got, it meant always having someone by your side when you needed it. Rosy cheeks and romantic gestures, soft whispers in blanket forts, sleepy morning kisses ("ew catra I lo-like you a lot but go brush your teeth"), talking until 2 am, even just cuddling in a comfortable silence.

Catra's phone rang.

"Ugh Adora you're such an idiot, you know I don't like phone calls", Catra rolled her eyes at her phone playfully.

"And yet you picked up"

Catra squints at her phone, "you're just using the fact that I lo-like you to your advantage, that's mean"

"Haha how embarrassing, you have a crush on me"

A voice sounds in the background, Catra can only barely make out the words, "She's literally your girlfriend!". Must be Glimmer, Catra thinks. When the two of them had met for the first time, Catra had seen Glimmer as another obstacle to overcome to finally be with Adora. An enemy. She'd been so wrong, regretted judging her so quickly. Glimmer was always supportive of Adora, and now the two of them.

"My girlfriend is a bitch and I like her so much", Adora exclaims.

"Meanie. Why are you calling anyway Adora?"

"Um, do you maybe wanna go on a date later?"

Despite the fact that they'd been dating for a little while now, Adora was still so awkward about this type of stuff (more so when other people were around). It was sort of adorable. She'd been so forward over text, but actually being in a relationship was different than their flirty conversations.

"Yeah that sounds nice Adora, what did you want to do?"

"Just a second, bye Glimmer see you tomorrow", a door slammed and she continues, "Oh, well" Adora chuckled, "I didn't think that far kitten"

Catra's cheeks heated up, the moment Adora was alone, she could be just as flirty and cocky as she had been over text.

"Uhm, can I plan something, make it a surprise?" Catra fidgeted, she had a plan and this was the perfect opportunity.

"You want to surprise me? That- that sounds good"

"I'll pick you up at 8 babe."

"Don't call me that Catraaa"

"You call me kitten Adora" Catra deadpanned.

"You love it"

Catra couldn't argue there, she'd just come across as flustered anyway. Adora won this one and she knew it.

"Fine, what do you want me to call you, princess? Angel? Fruit-loop, sunshine maybe?"

"Don't call me princess, we both know I'm not the princess type Catra"

"Shut up fruit loop"

Adora sighs in exasperation, but their years of friendship let Catra hear the fond undertone in her voice.

"I'll see you later, so much to prepare, bye Adora"

(A/N): SO season five was amazing huh? I genuinely could not believe it was canon, that made me so damn happy. anyway we're in the endgame now,,