Family

𝐀 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫.....

I was reading the Divergent series on the lounge chair in a red bathing suit outside waiting for Hassan and Adesh to make the family drinks

I was reading the Divergent series on the lounge chair in a red bathing suit outside waiting for Hassan and Adesh to make the family drinks. There was nothing but the sounds of the waterfall coming down in Hassan's pool, the water sparkled in the sunlight. I was currently chilling at Hassan's house with my family. Hassan wanted to have a pool party at his house with my family and his. His friends came over as well Abdul, Remy, and Abhay. Aesha and her husband, Adam was here. Speaking of Aesha and Adam the wedding was so beautiful, they did their wedding on a rooftop in the city. We definitely had a blast at the wedding. After what happened in Nigeria, my parents wanted to come to India so bad especially my mom. They wanted to say thank you to Hassan's parents for protecting me and for treating me like I was there family. After Jordan's death, the cops arrested his father and anyone who was connected to him in Nigeria with the drug business. When my parents came with us to India to see Hassan's parents again they became closest friends on the planet. There is an unbreakable bond between my mom and Hassan's mother, I knew they would be great friends they are so alike. Adesh and Jhené are in a relationship but you would never know because they are always arguing about something but they end up being all over each other. After six months into my relationship with Hassan, I decided to move in with him. Hassan has been so amazing to me words can't even describe how much he loves me, I really see the love of God through him and that's why I love him.

"Okay, here you go. Ladies and gentlemen!" I hear Adesh shout. I leave a bookmark on the page where I left off and walked over to the table where everyone was under the shade because it was blazing hot.

I sat down next to Jhené and she smiled widely as Adesh gave her a glass of the drink that he made with Hassan. They said they were going to make a nice tropical drink for us so that's exactly what they did. Hassan gave me the drink, it was baby blue and red and had Jolly Ranchers at the bottom. Hassan sat down next to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek before we all raised our glasses up high.

"This is for new beginnings and new families," Adesh said before we all said cheers in sync.

"Speaking of new beginnings and new families, I want to do something and I wanted Eve's parents to be here with me and Eve when I do it," Hassan said as he made eye contact with all of us.

"Thank you for bringing Eve and Jhené into this world, You have raised your daughters to be so respectful and kind especially Eve." Hassan looked at my parents making my heart melt.

"Eve, I have something to tell you," He grabs my hand and we separate from the table, I looked at him confused while everyone was looking at us with a smile on their faces. "You are the greatest thing that has happened in my life. You always find a way to make me smile and laugh. Even when am upset, you're my peace. Even when I don't feel like talking, your my voice. I want to make you the happiest woman on the planet. I want you to be my wife," Hassan takes out a ring from his pocket and opens the box. It revealed a Round Cut White Sapphire Sterling Silver Double Halo ring, it looked so beautiful. He kneeled down in front of me and had tears in his eyes. "Eve Sade Jones, will you be my wife?" He asked with a small smile on his face and I started to cry before nodding my head quickly.

"Yes!" I shouted before everyone started clapping and cheering. Hassan put the ring on my finger slowly and stood up. I grabbed the back of his head and kissed him passionately. Adesh came and picked Hassan up making us laugh. Abhay and Abdul tagged along with Adesh to pick Hassan up and throw him in the pool.

"No! No, guys wait please," Hassan pleaded as they swung him back and forth.

"Nope!" Adesh said before they threw him in the pool causing a big splash. Adesh jumped in the pool with Hassan as well, play fighting with him.

"Remy! Come here it's your turn, you've been too chilled." Abhay said as he walked over to Remy with Abdul by his side.

"Nope, I am not getting in there." Remy shook his head before he started to drink his alcohol again.

"Yes, you are." Abdul grabbed his cup before Remy could continue drinking and grabbed him out of his seat with Abhay and threw him in the pool.

Aesha and Jhené ran towards me and picked me up spinning me around, I couldn't stop laughing.

"It's going to be the best wedding ever!" Aesha shouted as she spun me around still then she put me down, I didn't know Aesha had that much strength.

"Yes, it is!" My mom smiled before hugging me tightly.

"I can't wait!" Hassan's mom squealed before hugging me as well.

"I can't wait to do the bachelorette party for you," Jhené rubbed my shoulder as she wiggled her eyebrows and I shook my head.

"No, Jhené. I know what your thinking and it's going to be a no." I pointed at her with a knowing smile.

"Okay," She shrugged her shoulders before she started to giggle with Aesha. Those two were up to no good, I tell you.

"Look at us, we have come so far," My mom said as she hugged me and Hassan's mom on the side.

"We have," I smiled as we watched the boys play with each other in the pool.

"C'mon ladies! Get in the pool with us," Abhay shouted.

"Yeah, it's hot." Adesh motioned for us to come in the pool with them.

"No, I think we're good," Jhené said before she giggled with me.

"What did you say?" Adesh asked as he started to swim near us and Jhené started walking back.

"I said we're good," Jhené said before Adesh swims faster and runs out the pool. He starts to run after Jhené in the house then comes back with her in his arms bridal style and Adesh jumps in the pool with her. I see Hassan coming out from the water and started to make his way towards me with a smirk on his face.

"Babe, what are you doing?" I asked as I walked back slowly.

"Nothing," He shrugged his shoulders as he continued to walk up to him.

"No, don't even think about it- Hassan put me down!" He picked me up and threw me on his shoulder, my braids fell in my face.

"No! I want to play with you." Hassan whined then I felt the cool water hit my feet. I started to hit his back making him laugh.

"No!" I said in defeat when the water went up to my legs.

"Eve, give me your ring before you lose it in the pool." My mom said as she held out her hand for me to put my ring in. I took out the ring and gave it to her before Hassan basically jumped in the pool with me.

"I hate you," I splashed Hassan once I came up from the water and he smiled before bringing me close to his chest.

"I hate you too," He said before we started to kiss on the lips.

"Guys, dinner is ready!" I hear my dad shout but Hassan and I weren't even listening to realize everyone was walking out the pool, leaving us alone to our make-out session.

"C'mon lovebirds, let's eat dinner!" Adesh shouts making us laugh. Hassan helped out the pool and grabbed my hand as we walked out beside each other.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you," Hassan said making me stop walking.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you too," I said before I kissed him quickly on the lips and we continued to walk inside the house.

Everyone was already eating pizza and chicken wings in the living room. Adesh and Hassan's friends were watching John Wick chapter three while the girls were talking about something in the kitchen, I smiled as I looked at everyone laughing and smiling.

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮.

The End