Leaving Africa

"You have to leave, Eve

"You have to leave, Eve." My mom says as I look out unto the beautiful night of Nigeria. I sighed before turning around to face her.

"Will you and dad be alright?" I asked taking her hands in mine.

"Yes, we will, my love. Don't worry about us, just be safe in India okay?" My mom says and I nod my head as she put her hand on my cheek.

"The coast is clear. We can leave now, Eve." Jhene my older sister says as she held onto her crossbody bag closely. My mother and I turned around to look at Jhene then she came up to our mother and hugged her.

"You two be safe out there, safe enough to get away from that evil monster." My mom said as she held us close to her and we both nodded our heads. I grabbed my bag and Jhene grabbed hers. Our mom followed us as we walked out of my bedroom into the living room walking into our dad as he ended a call.

"You two will be alright, I have already made plans with my close friend. He will be waiting for you two." My father walked up to me and my sister before giving us a hug.

"Thank you, father. For everything." Jhene said as we both gave him a huge tight hug probably this will be our last hug.

"I love you," I said against his chest.

"I love you too, my loves." My dad said before kissing both me and my sister on the head then we pulled away from him and started heading towards our door out the house.

Once Jhene and I made it outside to our driveway there were two bodyguards already waiting with the door opened for us, we looked at each other and sighed before entering the black Jeep. As soon as we got inside and put on our seatbelts, the car sped through the streets of Nigeria. I wanted to stay and hold onto my parents until I couldn't anymore, I really wished my boyfriend, Jordan was a good man who belonged to a good family but he was the reason why I was leaving my hometown. The place I once loved was now a place of fear. Everything started to fall apart once he proposed to me, he began to become very abusive and controlling over me. At first, he was aggressive towards me by the way he talked but little by little he would begin to hit my arm or slap me across my face if I didn't do what he liked or simply didn't obey his word.

Living with Jordan, I became a slave and someone who I didn't recognize anymore. I tried telling his father but Jordan's father dismissed me and told me that I was trying to take away his son's throne and birthright which was not true. I loved Jordan and no matter how harsh he was to me, I would never do anything back to hurt him even though I wanted to at times. I remember one night we got into an argument about us having a child I thought it was too early but personally, I wouldn't want our baby to go through what I am going through with Jordan. He slapped me so hard I hit the wall on my face and when he got close to try to hit me again I slapped him. After that, he had his way with me throughout the entire night. I knew I had to tell someone so I left our house and stayed over my parent's house where Jhene stayed at as well and told them everything luckily they believed me and made a plan for me to leave with Jhene to go to India. My dad had a close friend who is a king and who I only met a couple of times. He lived in India and has a wonderful family, I only met his second wife but something tells me that I was going to have a good life over there just by the way the king treated me the first time we met.