lattes till mid-night

"are we close?" Elijah said still laying down on lilacs lap. Y/N just kept driving and Nick pointed at the coffee shop as they kept driving.

they all walk in and see Benjamin and Jenna sitting on a couch talking. "sup my dudes! we have had a day" lilac laughed sitting next to Jenna. "uh hey y'all? shouldn't you guys be in school right now?" Benjamin awkwardly laughed, "shouldn't you be in school Benji?" Y/N smirked, "okay damn." Benjamin said putting his arm around Jenna. "do y'all want anything to drink? i'm here all the time i could get y'all some free drinks?" Jenna smiled getting up, "oh i'll take a black coffee and muffin and you know what a strawberry smoothie too." Lilac smilies, "uh? i'll have a hazelnut ice coffee?" Y/N said nervous, Elijah pulled out a weed brownie from his bag, "i'm good." "i'll take one of those brownies elijah?" Nick chuckles, "fine dude." elijah said tossing a brownie to Nick.

"benjie go help your girl get the drinks!" lilac smirked up at Benjamin, "benjie? oh i love that!" Jenna giggles walking to the counter. "i love Benjamin with Jenna!" Y/N smiled, "yeah even tho he won't practice with us anymore." Elijah huffed, "i'll be lead singer?" Y/N chuckled, the rest of the group looked at her shocked for a second. "you? you can sing Y/N" Elijah sat up, "yeah! and then oh! Nick can play the drums!!!" Y/N gasped looking at Nick, "i mean i guess? my dad will be pissed but yeah! i'd love to play with y'all!" Nick said keeping his attention mostly on Y/N.

"okay so all of this is for you Lilac." Jenna giggles handing lilac a bunch of stuff, "and Y/N here's your ice coffee." Jenna smiled so big. "so. My dude! Y/N thinks she smokes too much because god's some sit Lindsay said." Elijah giggles obviously high while talking to Benjamin. "really?! Y/N? me and lilacs parents?!" Benjie laughed, "That's what i was saying!" Lilac laughed, "I know? your parents are good people and are baked out of their minds so much? but i mean? i feel like i'm disappointing my mom." Y/N sighed leaning into Nicks side cuddling into him. "i can understand that? i mean i dropped out and i mean? look at me?!" Jenna warmly smiled at Y/N, "But i don't know? it doesn't seem like your mom would be so ashamed of you Y/N you're so talented." Lilac followed up. "I mean Y/N is kinda punk like you Jenna and her mom doesn't care?" Nick said, "no no Nick? me and Y/N are very different?! i am more New York punk and feminist revolution movement. and Y/N is more California smoker girl skater movement with punk makeup which by the way looks amazing." Jenna said correcting Nick fast, "thanks my dude!" Y/N smiles, "why not hang out somewhere more hard since you're like hella punk?" nick asked, "i love lattes?!" Jenna smiled and group slightly laughed, "Y/N i think we're all sacred of making our parents ashamed or disappointed." Elijah said, "yeah," Y/N looked up at nick."

"i mean our parents day we don't care enough about the planet or the homeless and that we care more about music." Benjie said speaking for him and Lilac, "yeah man like Y/N me and you both only have moms with us? i'm so scared to make her feel like she works so hard just to have some pothead who just plays guitar and gets bad grades." Elijah said looking like he was getting emotional. "aww Elijah! i love you so much?!" Y/N said leaning over hugging him. "Y/N you're gonna be fine! i mean ima end up in the military because of my dad?!" Nick sighed, "what?!" Y/N said shocked, "uh? yeah? my dad always say if my grade keep up by graduation that he wants me out in the military. he did the same with my brothers." Nick sighed, he'd never mentioned this topic to Y/N before do hearing about it in front of her friends felt odd.

"Man you gotta tell him how war im unjust and you won't stand for it!" Lilac said aggressively biting her muffin. "he'd never let me live that down." "well what do you want to do?" Benjie said, "i want to play drums. it's my whole life you know? he can't respect that! it's bullshit." Nick huffed putting his arm around Y/N. "I get that my parents are lawyers." Jenna said which slightly shocked everyone.

"i want to write films and drink coffee. and be with Nick." Y/N smiled looking up at Nick. Nick slightly blushed and held onto her tight. they never said they were dating they never even asked each other to be their boyfriend or girlfriend. They kissed one time after not talking for two months and then couldn't stay away from one another. "i want to be a tattoo artist." Jenna smirked, "i want to be a chef ." Elijah slightly slurred, "Definitely own my art studio teaching young youth art... and feeding the homeless vegan pastries." Lilac laughed, "i want to be a dad? and maybe work with cars?" Benjamin smirked looking at Jenna.

"ugh Nicks a senior?! Benjamin's a Senior. Jenna? Well Jenna you're a drop out? Y'all seem closer to what you want? you guys are gonna leave us juniors." Elijah huffed

the only juniors in that coffee shop was Y/N, Lilac, and Elijah. Along with Nick his group would also be leaving them even if  Y/N and Nicks group didn't get along too much they'd miss each other. "Nick we should just drop out?! and? and move far far away!" Y/N said getting slightly excited, "wait seriously?" Nick said surprised, "YES!? you could get a job at a music shop and teach kids to play! i could work at a book store or skat shop! i could write all the time! and film!!! we could be happy! you won't have to go to the military!" Y/N gleaming with joy practically jumped out of her set. "That's actually a  really cool plan Y/N y'all should totally drop out? best thing i ever did" Jenna said, "yeah totally babe!! in spring break! me and you will say we're taking a trip." Nick kissed Y/N's forehead.