chapter VII: staying alone

(VI: 7 ) a short chapter :)

weeks go by and you walk the halls with your walkman loud and not a single emotion on your face. he's stayed away too. your feelings broken. it was raining outside. ironic how you feel gloomy and the weather is matching your aesthetic. his face goes blank when you're near him.

you were in art 2 using your charcoal pencils to sketch out your ideas for a mask you're making as one of your core projects. you sigh hearing girls laughing and your name being whispered. you rolled your eyes and put your headphones on.

feeling someone tap your shoulder you slowly turn around not knowing if you were about to be made fun of. "hey? im Lilac?" a taller girl with long dark brown hair smiled. you looked at her and slightly smiled. "dats a cool name? i'm y/n." you felt hope? she seemed chill. "i know your name." your heart dropped thinking here's another girl about to rip you a new one. "i just wanted to apologize for the sad teen girls who should've been swallowed by their mothers?" she chuckled, feeling better you laughed. "thanks dude! finally someone chill?" - "could i sit here?" lilac flashed a smile, you nodded a yes- "is your name really lilac?" - "yuh! my parents are vegan hippies." she giggled pulling out her sketch book.

after talking a little the bell rang and y'all went your separate ways. you felt better walking out to your car, a guy bumped into you and his friend laughed. looking down your knee hurts and you see blood. sighing you slowly walked to your car.

smoking and cutting yourself became your lunch. that and cheap salads, chips, and coffee from any seven eleven near you. you lay your head back and relax while inhaling a few more hits, just enough to get a good enough buzz to feel better about being around these fucking assholes.

chemistry went slow. way too slow...

nick pov:
y/n walks in fourth period obviously buzzed. and sat quickly for most of class. until we mad eye contact..."what the hell do you want?" she spits at me, "nothing." i huff looking back at my pictures. even when mad she looked cute. i hate saying that over the past few weeks i've grown a crush over the girl who hated me now. i want to hold her in my arms again. she made me smile. she was so cute. and she hates me. what am i supposed to do? she keeps to herself now. i didn't know her well at the time and it looks like i'm not gonna get to. i walk up to her, "y/n can we talk? please? you can't keep ignoring me?" she says nothing keeping her head down. "come on! y/n i know you liked me! i liked you! i still like you. please! i hate what my friends did i never said any of that stuff. please let's just go talk." she kept silent and then slowly looked up at me, "go away" she said with a sad face. she doesn't like me. but i still like her. i know she liked me. i just don't know how to get her to like me again.