chapter VIII: ill dance by myself

[VIII: 8]
a/n: no this song was not made yet but it works :)

after yesterday i feel so annoyed of everyone. i decided going to 1st period was not it. i mean it's Friday it shouldn't matter. and any chance to not see Nick i jumped for. this was all so jr high it makes me feel like i'm thirteen. walking into art i see lilac sitting next to where i always sit? (yes i know lilac is a very "aesthetic" quirky name but i love it so suck it!) maybe things with her could be chill. we had some small talk while i colored my final drawings for our projects. my mask was looking hella fine!

"hey y/n my brother and i are playing this dumb party for these superficial and possibly drunk teens tonight. i was wondering if you'd wanna come watch?" she looked shy to ask but i can't believe how much i liked this girl so far? she's so sweet and is actually asking me to go somewhere? "yeah definitely! i'd love that? what kinda stuff do y'all play?" i tried to seem not too excited to hopefully keep the chill lead back vibes i like to give off but it was pretty obvious i was excited to hopefully have a friend. "oh we can play anything. but we like playing real grunge music? tonight we're playing whatever they want. you know just trying to get paid?" she giggled and shrugged. i told her i played the drums and she freaked out saying they needed a drummer and i definitely had to come so her brother and their friend could meet me. "are you sure? i manly play alone i don't know if i'm any good." i know i'm good i'm just nervous? "please my friend who's playing the drums for us right now he normally plays guitar so my brother is and it's all so messed up?! his cousin used to play drums for us but totally bailed on us? well? went to college. but still! totally not chill." we kept talking about the party for the rest of class. at the end of class she scribbled down the address and we went our separate ways for lunch once again.

my lunch was filled with smoke. smoke and a gas station coffee. i like consistency with my diet?

fourth period came along and i was still some how in a good mood knowing i had started growing a friendship with someone. seeing Nick jumped up when i walked in made me sigh. apart of me still finds him cute? i hate that. he gets up and i watch him walk over to my desk. "y/n?" Nick whispers to me and i decide to look up. before either of us could say anything another guy walks up, "damn Nick why you tryna pick up your own sloppy seconds?" i looked back down at my work. "dude!" Nick shoved him away "can you leave us alone jerk!" Nick huffed, "y/n i am so sorry about him." Nick was sweet. but still. if it wasn't for him and his idiotic friends and behavior i wouldn't be seen as a sure thing to the guys at this school. "Nick please leave me alone? you've done enough." i sigh again. it seems like i sigh a lot around him. "but y/n if we could just start over and-" cutting him off i wanted to cry, "leave." not looking up at him i can see in the corner of my eye him walking away. maybe what i did was harsh. but he did nothing to stop them or correct them when they where going around saying we fucked. why should i have to suck it up and "start over"

-after school-

"MOM!" i yell while grabbing out two dresses from my closet. i can hear her walking over. "y/n why yell so loud i was in the kitchen?" she says before sitting on my bed. i smile and show her the two dresses. both casual enough for some dumb party in my opinion. "okay so this girl in my art2 class invited me to a party to watch her band play. so which one." she looked them up and down. one was black and short it hugged my body quite nicely and the other was a oversized band t-shirt i tailored to hug my waist more. "i think the black dress? and maybe just your adidas keep it simple. oh and please! bring a sweater or jacket it's gonna be cold tonight and no drinking if you're driving." she went over the normal mom things she'd say back in California when i'd go out with my friends. i'm lucky to have her. after getting dressed i grab my oversized yellow sweater and covered the whole dress. but it still looked cute with my shoes.