chapter III: English class

Nicks POV:

i looked out the window for the first few minutes of class. it had started to rain and all the teacher was having us do was some dumb short stories. it's not like i was gonna do it. Ken was my only friend in the class so he sat next to me every day. i was starting to fall asleep when i heard a door open not thinking anything of it i didn't look up until i heard the teacher speak. "oh good Ms. Lee found you! I was wondering when my knee student would get here." Mr. Prock says. my head turned my eyes met the new girl. I smiled noticing it was the girl who told my dad off. She was dressed manly in black and looks buzzed? she kept a blank face looking at our teacher. "dude she's kinda hot?" Ken laughed while nudging me and i shoved his shoulder away from me. Mr. Prock greeted her with a big dorky smile and had her stand in the front of the class. "what grade are you even in?" a guy asked and she slightly blushed "now now let's be nice." Mr. Prock snaps at him. she did look a little younger then us, "it's chill? i'm actually a sophomore." she weakly forced a smile. "Wow you must be smart? now your name is Y/n correct?" Our teacher started to be overly nice to her because she looked obviously nervous and uncomfortable. "yes sir." she said under her breath. "and where did you move from? why don't you tell the class something about yourself?" he smiled bigger. and she looked up at him nervously and then looked at everyone. She really was pretty? but damn this isn't elementary? tell us about yourself? "I lived in California my whole life till now. and? uh? i play the drums? and i like making short films? skateboarding?? i guess just chilling most of the time?" she slightly smiled yet looked hella over this little introduction. "Wow you must be very talented. and California? that's very far? well don't worry your seat isn't so far." he laughed and pointed to me and Kens table. she walked over and took her backpack off putting it on the table. she looked high. and didn't say anything to either of us for the first half of class. ken told her the assignment and said our teacher probably doesn't expect her to finish today since it's her first day. but she zoomed through the work and the creative writing for our short story. she started digging through her bag and pulled out a walkman and headphones. "uh? hey? i'm Nick? this is ken." i say nervously. "sup?" she says under her breath. "so your like smart and shit?" i chuckle. she smiles and puts down the walkman. "i guess? why?" she laughed. she had a really cute laugh. "i donno? i mean you actually did the work? i didn't and i'm actually a grade above you." i smiled. "it was easy." "Are you single because you're fucking hot." Ken smirked. she blushed and looked shocked by him. i felt kinda pissed? he had hardly spoken to her?! "uh yeah i'm single. and thanks? but i'm not really lookin since i like just moved here." she smiled sweetly. "you're lost." he laughed before laying his head down. "anyways? what's your next class?" i say putting my hand out for her schedule. she pulled it out from her pocket. she had english 3 right now, art 2, chemistry, and then photo journalism. "i have 4th with you again. and i mean i could walk you to your next class?" i smiles rubbing the back of my neck. she smiles before taking her schedule back. "yeah if you don't mind hanging around a sophomore?" she giggled. i laughed and told her i didn't care she seemed chill anyways. the bell started ringing and everyone was leaving. she was grabbing her bag when her sleeve lifted a little and i thought i saw cuts? i didnt wanna think anything of it so i brushed it off. she followed me through the halls and got shoved a few times and i heard her huff annoyed. i looked and saw her get shoved again. i put my hand out for her and her cheeks blush lightly and made me start to feel nervous. she grabbed onto my hand and followed me started to walk to next me. i see the rest of my friends see us and Daniel gave me a goofy thumbs up and Kim just looked her up and down judgy. i mean we're all weird but she was different? something about her was just different. and the all black clothes made her even more different. we reached her class and she smiled up at me warmly. "thanks again Nick? It is Nick right?" she kept smiling. "uh yeah yeah it's Nick. i can you meet you here after class and walk you to your next class too." i honestly don't know what i'm doing. i don't know her. "dude you hardly know me i think i'll be okay?? i mean i hope so." she laughed nervously. i felt stupid at this point and she kept her eye contact with me locked. it was cute her eyes looked big and like puppy dog eyes? i know i don't know her well but i want to? "aren't you gonna get to class nick?" she broke the silence and that's when i noticed i had just been staring at her. because that's not creepy. "oh yeah definitely. so i'll see you here after class then" wait? why'd i just say that? she looked confused and laughed i was going to say just kidding but i felt my feet walk away. she slowly turned away from me and walked into class...