Chapter One

My name is Molly. Molly Barks. That's pretty much the only thing to say. I live in a large apartment that I don't really need, I just graduated high school. In about six months I'll be going to college on the other side of the states. I live in Tennessee, and I'm gonna go to college in Montana. All of my friends already left. Hannah went to UCLA, Kameron went to Ohio State, and Rylie went to Harvard. So, I'm here all alone.

I just got home from work. I worked at the local coffee shop. Just a job to keep me on my feet. I threw my shoes by the door and grabbed a snack from the fridge. I sat down on the couch and flipped through the TV channels. Nothing. So, I put on my running shoes, grabbed my IPod, and went for a jog. I jog all of the time. Mom thought I should have tooken one of the scholarships I was offered, but I couldn't...

I ran through town, sliding past everyone. Nashville. What a town. I always dreamed of singing in a large stadium...Haha. I'm funny.

The park was a few blocks from where I was. I stopped and took out my water bottle. I took a large drink and put it back in my bag. I always had a bag when I went jogging. My blue and green Nike bag always had a water bottle, my cell phone, my iPod, ear buds, and sunglasses. I never left the house without it.

"Excuse me?,"a lady asked when I accidently bumped into her when I was putting my bag over my shoulders again.

"I'm so sorry miss,"I lied. If she didn't want me to bump into her, why was she standing in my way.

"Its alright. I just know that teenagers these days are very rude."

I hold in my comeback. I wasn't gonna get into an argument with an old lady.

"Alright miss. I'm sorry. Goodbye,"I rolled my eyes and jogged a little longer. Running faster than ever. I needed to just let my air out. Wow. Getting stressed over an old lady who probably only has a year left in her.

"Molly?"

I spun around really fast. Ugh...Josh. Now, to explain Josh. Josh was probably 5' 3". He had dark red hair, green eyes, pale skin, and had glasses from the thirties. I never talked to him before, so I don't know why he decided to talk to me now.

"Why are you talking to me?"

"Just wanted to catch up with you. I haven't talked to you in forever."

"How about for never."

"Hey hey. I just I wanted to say hi..."

"Well bye." I ran off again. He was the weirdest kids in school. Nobody ever talked to him. But we're not in highschool anymore. So anybody should talk to anyone? Haha no.

I ran back to the apartment and hung my bag on a coat hook. I grabbed my stuff and got in the shower. I let the water run down my back until it got cold. I finished up and got dressed.

What a weird day.

Then I got a call from my mom and dad. Being the nice daughter I am, I put the phone to my ear and waited for them to talk.

"Molly! Sweetie we miss you!,"mom said.

"Miss you too."

"I wanted you to know that your father is having his big premiere on Sunday."

"You want me to come?"

"That would be super awesome of you."

"Okay mom. I'll come. Is Mike coming?"

"Of course he's coming. He does whatever I tell him too. He's bringing Michelle and Allyson."

Mike is my older brother. He got married two years ago and had his daughter Allyson about a year ago. Michelle was nice, but she was to clingy.

"All right. Sounds good."

"Bye baby. Me and dad love you."

"Bye. Love you guys too."

I hung up the phone and put it on my dresser. Dad's premiers are always huge. And every time I wear a dress or anything nice, I look like an anorexic rat. So, I called the only one I could think of. I forgot that Kameron came back for a month because she was done with her semester, so I called her.

The phone rang half a second before she answered.

"Molly! Omg! What's up?!"

"Haha hi Kam! How's college so far?"

"It is great! You know I'm in town right?"

"Why do you think I called you?"

"Okay what do you want?"

"Well I kind of need to go shopping, but I hate when I go shopping alone because I always look so ugly in the outfits I pick out. So, I thought of you and how your in town. And I remembered your amazing taste in outfits. So wanna help?"

"Ahh!!! I'd love too!!!!"

"Okay! Remember where I live?"

"Yes!"

"Okay! Come over tomorrow! Love you gotta go!"

"Bye Molly!"