30

Kalani

"Damn we keeping secrets now?" Ken asked.

"Why u didn't tell us?" Ciara asked.

"So Kentrell not ya baby daddy?" Serenity asked.

"The nigga 9 years older than u" my momma said.

"I thought we was family and family don't keep secrets" auntie heather said.

"I'm ya momma, why u hid it from me??" Momma asked me.

"Why u didn't let me meet him" my dad asked.

"DADDDYYYY" I yelled and hugged him. Ian seen him in a long time. He hugged me back.

"Huh?" I heard Ray say and I coughed hard so my dad wouldn't hear me.

"Wassup nigga" uncle Jonathan said as he walked into the kitchen and they talked. My dad walked in the kitchen and did the same.

"Out of all people, why him?? He a thug" my momma said.

Did she really just say that?? Like Kentrell wasn't worst, he was worst than anybody.

The questions kept coming.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP" I yelled and the music stopped and I turned around and looked at Ray and his gang looking at us from the kitchen.

"Girl who the fuck u talking to?" My momma asked me.

"You lost yo damn mind on Jesus" my uncle dunk said.

"You know what I think I did. Get the fuck out" I told them and everybody gasped.

My momma took her earrings off.

My bodyguards stood in between us.

"Y'all so fucking judge mental, why the fuck y'all can't be happy for me?? Yes the nigga is 9 years older than me but everybody know Malani can't talk because yo ass was fucking with a nigga how many years older than u?? Oh Ight, I'm finna be 21 IM GROWN. I left y'all house when I was 18 after Tae died, I been on my own after that I don't ask y'all for shit. Mom, You in a threeway relationship but Ian never tell u how the fuck I felt cuz as long as u happy that's all that mattered. I'm happy with the nigga I'm with, if y'all can't be happy for me then u can leave" I said and my momma walked out. "And she claim she would never been like her mother but acting like her now, walking out at least I got one parent who support me"

My heart broke.

"Jesus" aunties said and followed her.

I removed myself from the room and walked upstairs into Asiyah room.

I sat in the rocking chair and watched her sleep, the door opened and it was ray.

"Cmere" he told me and I got up and he held me in his arms and kissed my forehead and my tears came out.

He wiped my tears.

"It's okay, I gotcha" he said as he grabbed my face and kissed me.

I wiped my tears and turned around and saw Asiyah waking up.