Chapter 2

Picture of Blake! ^_^

A.K.A. my bae. Just sayin'.

No, seriously though. He's mine! >:D
________________________________________
I had a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach at Blake's words: 'I don't know, though. She might not be my girlfriend by the time the dance rolls around.'

And his smile... Every time he smiled, he looked three times more attractive.

He bit his lower lip and looked away from me. It sent shivers up my spine. Was he giving me a sign that he likes me? I can't even read this guy!

"What do you mean that she might now be your girlfriend?", I finally found the urge to ask.

Blake looked back at me with bright eyes. "Oh. Because she's been looking at other guys and acting like a bitch lately."

I have a purely confused look. "How could she look at other guys when you're-"

I stop myself from finishing the sentence. Alex was right. I was going to embarrass myself. I slumped back in my chair nervously as Blake stared at me with a quizzical look. Alex scoffed next to me.

"Because I'm what?", Blake said leaning in slightly.

I didn't know what to say at first and froze. Luckily with my quick thinking, I was able to formulate, "Because you're a nice guy."

"Oh. Well, thanks for trying making me feel better but I'm still pissed with her.",He said slamming his fist on the table.

I took note of the veins in his forearm and how muscular his arms were. I had to force my gaze off of him so I didn't give the impression that I was admiring him.

At that moment, I thought I would actually have a chance. But the dance was this Saturday- two days from now. I would have to be really lucky for him to break up with his girlfriend at that time.

"I'm sure you both will be fine.", Alex said to Blake. "You both suit each other well. That would suck if you guys broke up."

"Thanks, man. That's-"

"Ow! What the hell is wrong with you?", Blake was cut off by Alex's outburst at the kick I had given him in his calf.

"Blake. You don't need a girl like her. Don't listen to Alex. He's prone to saying stupid things." I turned to Alex and half-whispered, "I will kill you."

Blake and his friends laughed at us. I fake-laughed with them so the situation wouldn't be awkward- even though it already was.

"You guys are awesome. We should totally hang out sometime.", Blake said happily.

I looked up and said, "Really?" In a hopeful tone at the same time, Alex said it with a tone of disbelief.

"But-", I elbowed Alex to shut him up.

"That would be cool.", I replied to Blake.

Alex gave me an angry look and I ignored him.

The rest of lunch we mostly focused on eating but would occasionally joke amongst ourselves and bring up the incident in class between Mr. Thompson and I. We told Blake and his friends that we were going to the school dance as well and decided on a time and place to meet up at school once the dance started.

"So we all agree on 7:30- when the dance officially starts- right?", I asked Blake, his friends, and Alex.

They all nodded as well as Alex who did so with little interest. I seriously wanted to beat the hell out of him for being such a downer.