Chapter 16

My mind was racing. It was like a bullet hit me. Of course, I wouldn't die but you get the point. Too many things have happened in one day. Let's review. My new boyfriend just appeared at my door randomly this morning. He gave up my sexuality to my parents. I got the first tardy of my life. I made my best friend cry. Now, my best friend is planting his lips on me!

I shoved Alex off, cancelling the two-second kiss. He gave an expression of pure horror and placed his hands over his mouth. He looked around while he hyperventilated wildly. His cheeks turned bright red and he shook his head in denial.

"Oh my God.", He said to himself. He grabbed his hair and paced around in front of me."Jesse. I didn't- mean to do that. I didn't mean to! I'm so sorry- I'm sorry. I'm..."

A random guy walked in and stopped when he saw Alex crying. I eyed him menacingly but he continued staring at Alex with a face of bewilderment.

"Is he ok-", the guy started to say.

I shoved the guy out. "Nothing to see here. Move along. Pee somewhere else, ok? There's like six other bathrooms thorughout the school to use."

"Should I get help?", he continued on as I pushed him.

"No. But you should get the hell away from here before I kick your ass.", I threatened him.

His eyes widen and he briskly walked away without looking back. Look, when my best friend is involved and this kind of situation arises, you better believe that I'm going to be protective. That's what friends are for.

I picked up the paper towel and threw it in the trash bin then got another and offered it to him while I patted him on the shoulder.

"Great.", He said taking the paper towel from me and wiping his tears. "I guess I have to come out and tell you."

"Alex? Are you... g-", I started to ask.

I couldn't say it because I couldn't believe it even if he told me. I didn't even know how to prepare myself since he never gave me any hints. I mean, I was obvious so I wasn't too hard to figure out. If Alex really is gay, he did a hell of a good job concealing it! I would've never guessed.

"I'm not gay.", He said in a serious tone. "I'm bisexual."

"Bisexual?", I repeated.

"Or maybe pansexual. I don't know.", He said almost casually.

"When did you realize this?"

He shrugged then threw his paper towel in the trash bin. "I didn't know it would feel so good to finally tell someone."

"Uh ok. But you do realize that you just kissed me right- and I'm in a relationship.", I told him.

"Oh, man. So I really fucked up then.", He said giving an expression as if he just realized what he had done.

"Yea, you fucked up. But it's ok. We all do sometimes.", I laughed to help lighten to mood.

Alex gave a crooked smile as he looked at himself in the mirror.

"Is that a smile I see?", I said. Alex looked up at the ceiling. "I'm not mad, you know, and this doesn't change anything between us."

There was a long pause which seemed to last forever.

"Jesse?"

"Yea?"

"Can I kiss you again?", Alex said.

He had to be joking, right? He wasn't expecting me to actually let him kiss me again, was he? That would be ridiculous.

"Again? You're really pushing it now. Obviously, you're new to this so why don't you-"