Chapter 8 - The Genius Castiglioni Twins

JAZZ AND JAQZ

In Sicily, Italy...

“Adio, PAPA!”, they said at the same time.

Then the call ended.

Both of them are not sure of what happened.

They are in their kitchen having their breakfast when they decided to call their mom.

She had been upset the last time she saw them. She was disappointed in our latest adventure.

==============flash back==============

They were surprised to see her in their living room when they woke up a week before. She took a week off her job to see them.

Papa Joe and Mama Felicia, their mom’s adoptive parents, informed her about their recent conquest! They entered the acceleration program that their school offered them.

They thought there’s nothing wrong if they accept it.

They are too smart to stay in middle school. They felt bored and refused to go to school.

“We already know what they will teach us in school! There’s no challenge in going through that! We rather study here in our room on our own than go to school!”

That is their usual line in the morning.

One day, their principal talked to them about the acceleration program that will allow them to skip high school and onto the collegiate level.

Now there's the challenge!!!

They saw the challenge within the offer and told their mom about it, full of hope that she will permit them to participate.

“You should not accept it!”, she said on the other end of the line.

“But why not Mom? We can do it! Don’t you believe in us?”, Jazz’ voice hinted a bit of sadness in it.

“It’s not that I don’t believe in you guys! It’s just that you should enjoy every moment with your classmates. You should experience mingling with peers of your own age."

"Dio mio! I can’t imagine the both of you entering college when you are barely fifteen! You are still too young to go to college!”

“Mom, what do you want us to do? Bore ourselves to death?", Jaqz said.

"We already know what that school will teach us. Even if our eyes are closed, we can easily ace all our tests. Even our principal believes in us, that’s why he offered the program.", Jazz said.

"Mom, we hope you’ll understand! Please Mom...”, Jaqz pleaded.

“I’m sorry guys, but my answer is still NO! That’s final and I hope you’ll honor my decision.”, she said with finality in her voice.

They just answered, “Si, Mamma!”, before ending the call. – ‘Yes, mother!’

But they decided to accept it nonetheless.

They forged her signature on the waiver the school provided them.

They made their grandparents believe that they went back to their classes. But little did they know they are in the library the whole semester to study for the acceleration program!

They only enter their rooms during examination days and they also participate in school activities.

And when report cards finally came out, they have perfect grades in all their subjects. Their grandparents have nothing to complain about and they were perfectly happy to report everything to their mom. Well, everyone seems to be happy!