XVIII

"Did you just say you love my sister?" Alexander asked, not even trying to fight Lisa's arm around his neck.

"No," Lisa removed her arm and walked back to the chair to take a seat once again.

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't." She shook her head.

"You did. Do you love her?"

"Well, fuck it." She whispered. "I do, I love her. Do you really think that little of Jennie?"

"What do you mean?" Alexander asked frowning.

"That you don't seem to fathom the idea of someone being with Jennie just because of her and not because of the money your family has. Your brain doesn't understand that someone can fall in love with her for who she is, without seeing a dollar sign all over her face."

"I didn't say that." Alexander said defensively.

"You practically did, dude. Everything between us happened by accident, and yeah I never, not in a million years, would've imagined that I was going to fall in love with her but I did."

"I'm talking from experience here Lisa, I've seen it happen before." And again, with that bullshit? Lisa wanted to ask why he kept saying that but before she had the chance, Alexander spoke.

"First and only relationship my sister had and she ends up with her heartbroken and I don't wanna see her like that ever again," He looked straight into Lisa's eyes. "I know that what I said was out of line but I won't apologize to you because I'm just looking after her, I wasn't there to see what a piece of shit that other person was but I'm here to make sure that you are good for her. I didn't know you felt that way but I'm glad you do because in the lean amount of time the three of us spent together by the door I saw the way she looks at you and I know for sure she feels the same way as you."

"First you basically call me a fucking gold digger and now you're making fun of me by saying she loves me?"

"I'm not making fun of you. I know my sister and I know the way she looks like when she is in love."

Lisa scoffed, of course, Jennie couldn't feel the same way she did. "Yeah, right. You better not tell her anything I said here."

"I won't if you don't, she'll kill me if she finds out what I just told you. I'm torn between liking you and not, you stood up to me and I like that. It makes me know that you'll protect Jennie against anything but yet again, you got my sister pregnant and you're not even together. Just so you know I'll keep an eye on you."

"You don't have to like me and I won't force you into it. And just so you know I'm not here for the money, I'm here for them." She said referring to Jennie and the babies. "I'll keep saying it and showing it to you until you finally believe it."

Alexander let a lean smile grace his lips, he definitely liked Lisa—his parents were right about her —, he just wouldn't show it to her. At the end of the day, his sister was still pregnant thanks to her. "I hope you do. Now to a lighter topic, mom and dad told me about your... let's call it the situation, but I still don't get it."

Lisa smirked, yeah she didn't like discussing this kind of thing, but now with Jennie pregnant everyone kept asking the same, so she was getting used to and she had to admit it felt great to know that not everyone was grossed out by it, "Is quite simple, I'm a girl that instead of lady parts, has dude parts."

"Yeeeah," Alexander drawled. "Not that simple. Are you like, a transgender?"

"No, I was legally born as a girl but I had the wrong parts. I'm like, in between."