VII

So how are you guys? 

I hope you are safe and well. 

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

The phone call to her parents was...eventful.

She called her father, who almost wanted to fly to get there as soon as possible— for a moment Jennie thought he did, he arrived at the hospital on record time. — Not long after, her mother and Jisoo arrived too. Apparently, Rosé had called her. They all looked worried.

It had been almost an hour since the nurses took Lisa and Rosé to the examination room and no one has gone out to tell her how Lisa is. She took more than a half-hour to work up the courage to call her dad. She ended up calling him because she had no news from Lisa and her father was friends with a few Doctors there who could easily tell him how Lisa was doing.

"Explain to me what happened Jennie." He father demanded to take a seat next to her.

"I-I, daddy the d-door."

"I want the truth Peaches."

Jennie sighed, she placed her elbows on her thighs and dropped her head between her arms. "We had an argument...while we were waiting for the Doctor to see me and she said some stuff-."

"You started it, didn't you?" He interrupted her.

"It doesn't matter daddy! She said some hurtful things to me and I got mad, when we got out, she was about to pass by the car and I wanted to...maybe...hit her a little bit." Her mother covered her face with her hands and shook her head, knowing what was coming.

"So, I opened the door, but she was going faster than I thought and she wasn't wearing her helmet. She just crashed against the door. Her nose was bleeding, some of the glass from the window cut her eyebrow" She sobbed, her eyes got filled with tears, she was still worried about Lisa's health but also about what her parents were going to do.

"Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, how could you do that?! What is wrong with you?" Her mother said, what Jennie told them was worse than what she thought.

"I-I don't know, I'm sorry mom." Tears ran down her face. "I didn't mean for that to happen, I swear I just wanted her to fall or something. But I didn't want her to get hurt like this."

"Are you aware of what could've happened if she was going any faster, Jennie? She could've died!"

"I know that daddy, I know and I'm sorry okay. I'm sorry."

"You seriously need to start being more responsible Jennie, you can keep doing this kind of things without expecting some kind of consequence." He stood up and went to the nurses' station to ask about Lisa.

Dara hugged her daughter, she knew that what Jennie had done was unacceptable and wrong but she could see that her daughter was sorry, she could see the worry and the guilt in her eyes.

Jisoo on her part didn't know what to do, Jennie was her best friend but Lisa was Rosé's cousin and in the last month she had become one of the most important persons in the world for her. She wanted to understand why Jennie had done what she did but she couldn't, it was stupid and childish and as Ji-yong had said, Lisa could've died for some stupid argument.

Ji-yong came back minutes later and told them that after suturing Lisa's eyebrow she got unconscious and they had to make some tests and scans to see if there wasn't another more serious situation going on in her head aside from the concussion.