23

Klaus' pov

In a blink of an eye, the entire situation turned upside down. Ayla went to the restroom to see what was going on and then loud noises came from the direction. On one hand, Juliet was crying infront of us, everyone tried to calm her down and ask her what was wrong. On the other hand, I knew Ayla was screaming but why?

Jay got Juliet some water to drink which she drank. I also got her some tissues to wipe up her tears and tried to console her. I signalled the rest to go check up on Ayla while I stay here with her.

"Chris cheated on me." She disclosed and I was at a loss for words. Chris was like a brother to me and he was brought up in such a wonderful household.

"He was making out with that girl in the restroom." She spoke dejectedly and I felt extremely bad for her. I knew what it was like to be cheated on and I wouldn't wish for anyone else to go through it, not even my worst enemy. Juliet was such a sweet girl, beautiful inside and out. Chris was head over heels for her so it made no sense why he would do such a thing.

"I knew I wasn't good for him. I always feel so insecure about my body, my face, my hair. I gave him everything I had without making sure he wanted it. He fed me all these lies, made so many fake promises. Promises that he couldn't keep." She instinctively hugged me and I hugged her back to console her.

"You're worth more than empty promises and half-assed attempts." I told her. "You're perfect and you didn't deserve all of this."

Beth, Stace and Jay returned with a glum look on their face and I asked, "Where's Ayla?"

"I thought she came to you." Beth replied and I started looking left and right for her. I knew Ayla would be deeply affected by this incident because Chris was Ayla's best friend and Ayla really cared for him. She would always scold Chris when he was wrong but also defend him when he would be right. I passed through the restroom and noticed Chris coming out.

"What the fuck man? How can you do that to Juliet?" I asked him but he remained silent. That's when I noticed that he was shaking and it wasn't the normal type of shaking. His walking was unsteady and when I checked his pupils they were dilated, he had shallow breathing and abnormally high body temperature. All these symptoms, I was aware of because I witnessed them in Landon's case.

He had overdosed on drugs.

"Jay! I need your help, we need to get him to the hospital!" Everything turned frantic, I called my driver and he drove us up to the hospital. I was panicking myself because looking at Chris' condition brought back flashbacks of Landon.

The doctor took him in to assess his situation and I suggested the girls to be dropped home. But then I realised.

Ayla.

She wasn't there with the rest of the girls and I had honestly forgotten about her. I rushed back to the ship and asked the crew if they'd seen someone. I called Ayla multiple times but she just wouldn't pick up. I looked everywhere and then finally spotted her, under a staircase, hugging her knees.

"Hey baby, I was so worried about you." I told her and sat down next to her. Her face was filled with tears as she looked up to me and I felt so devastated.

"Chris- Juliet- why-" She failed to form coherent sentences and I didn't know whether it was the right time for her or not but I decided to tell her.

"Ayla, Chris is in the hospital. I think he overdosed on drugs and he's in a very bad state." I broke it down infront of her and she had a horrified expression.

"No, no, no. This can't happen. Chris doesn't do drugs. It must be something else. Nothing can happen to him. Nothing will happen to him, I-" She was talking speedily and her breathing was fast too. "No, no, no! I said such hurtful things to him. I didn't mean it. I can't lose him." She broke down infront of me and I engulfed her in a hug.

"He's going to be alright. He's in the care of the best doctors. He'll be fine." I told her constantly and tried to reassure myself too.

"I want to go see him. Please take me to him." Ayla pleaded and I agreed. I just couldn't say no to her.

As we reached the hospital, the doctors informed me that my suspicions were right. But he'll be fine. He had to stay in the hospital for a few days though and he would be under observation but there was no threat to his life so that was a relief. Ayla was insistent that she wanted to see Chris so I took her there and she sat by his side and stroked his head.

This day had taken such an unexpected turn. It was supposed to be a happy day and it all started out good but then things went in the drain. Ayla didn't deserve this too, she should've been laughing, singing and dancing but here she was. I wasn't able to give her the gift and this event must've just made her belief stronger that whenever she's happy, something bad happens.

"Klaus? Can you please bring me some clothes? I want to stay here with him." She said and I couldn't let her. She was a mess at this point and I knew she needed her proper sleep and food.

"Baby no. You go home and I'll stay here with Chris. I'll give you hourly updates about him and keep you notified. Please don't worry." I told him but that just made her cross.

"No, I'm not leaving. I can't leave, I need to stay here with him." She announced with determination.

This was going to be tough.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Happy reading!

This story updates on 1st and 15th of every month! Xoxo