13

Klaus' pov

I knew she wasn't expecting to see me here. When our eyes met I could sense all the worry and distress and all I wanted to do was take it all away. The hotel manager came up to me, breaking our eye contact and I felt infuriated just looking at him.

"Mr. Anderson, how may I help you?" He asked respectfully and I replied back in a calm tone, "I want to know why this family doesn't have a room yet?"

The manager hesitated before answering, probably because he could see the fury in my eyes, "Sir we are fully booked because of Thanksgiving and now the only rooms we have are for emergencies, in case if someone important comes up." His answer just added fuel to my anger.

"These are my guests, hence extremely important to me. The hotel management has disappointed me and I shall be having a word with Andrew about this." I dismissed the manager as I saw a panicked Andrew walking towards me. Andrew was the owner of this hotel and the one I came to have a meeting with.

"Klaus, what's wrong?" He asked with concern as he eyed his staff with distaste.

"I need a room. Immediately. And I need your employees to take my guests and their luggage to the room. I will have a word with you later regarding your manager." The meeting with him hadn't gone well and I had just borderline agreed to the deal because Mike insisted. I knew Andrew couldn't afford to lose the deal and so he ordered his employees to do everything I said.

I faced Ayla who was still nervous and her parents who were mostly confused and they also looked drained.

"I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself to you. My name is Klaus Anderson and I am Ayla's- friend." I spoke with a pause, unsure whether her parents already knew about us or whether or not it was the right time to reveal that. Ayla's parents introduced themselves too and then I personally went up and dropped them to their rooms.

However, Ayla still looked shaken up by the incident and so I messaged her to ask if she was okay. I knew she had a lot going on so it would be best for her to spend time with her parents and rest or sleep it off.

Also, it wasn't a coincidence that Ayla and I met at the same hotel, it was planned out. My driver had called me when Ayla had visited three hotels and had no luck. Since I was already at Andrew's hotel for a meeting, all I had to do was tell my driver to bring them here.

My phone buzzed and it was Ayla's message, asking me to meet her near the lobby. At this moment I felt unsure whether or not I should've interfered in this matter. Ayla was an independent girl who didn't like to ask for help, never relied on anyone and took care of everything. One of the many reasons why I loved her.

As soon as she appeared infront of me, she ran and engulfed me in a hug. I wasn't expecting it so I was taken aback at first but then hugged her back. A few moments later I felt my shirt getting wet and that's when I realised that she was crying.

"Ayla, love, what's wrong? Why are you crying? Are your parents okay? Are you okay, are you hurt?" I asked question after question.

"Klaus." She took a deep breath and my heart started beating erratically. "Thank you."

"Why are you thanking me? Can't I do such things for my girl? I would do anything for you Ayla. Please stop crying." I wiped off her tears from my thumb and she just snuggled closer to me.

"Come let's go to my room." I picked her up in my arms in bridal style and she hid her face feeling shy.

"Klaus, put me down! People are watching!" She mewled and I teased back, "Let them."

As I took her to my room, I laid her down on my bed and got her some water. She drank it and then passed a small smile.

"Have you and your parents settled in the room? Is it comfortable? If you need anything just let me know." I told her because I knew this day was extremely tiring for her, both physically and mentally. I started to massage her legs and she stopped me as soon as she realised.

"Klaus, you don't have to do all this. I'm fine, even better since you're here with me now. I don't know how I'll ever be able to repay you for everything you've done for me." She sighed and I felt unhappy by her words.

"What do you mean by repay me? You don't have to do such a thing." I was puzzled. Had I ever made her feel such a way that she had to repay me for things?

"I know you aren't like that. But it's just that-" She paused. "Once there was this guy who had a crush on me. It was years back. He was the only guy before you who has ever liked me. And I didn't like him back. He would be friendly, do cute gestures for me, get me gifts and try to impress me but I always ignored his advances. It came to a point where he got frustrated, told me that I was an 'ungrateful bitch' and that if he was doing such things for me, I should do things for him in return." She paused again. "Then he started to verbally abuse me even more and it became intolerable. Thankfully though, he shifted so I haven't seen him in a long time." She revealed and I felt incredibly furious. My blood was boiling. How dare a boy treat my precious angel in such a way?!
"It is why I don't like to depend on anyone or ask for gifts or anything." Her voice had started to crack as her eyes became watery. I pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back.

"Oh baby, you didn't deserve any of that. He was a shithead and I am never going to treat you like that." I assured her.

"I know. That's what impressed me the most about you, even though I blew you off so many times, you were always patient and sweet with me. You've never pushed me for anything or made me feel like I'm obligated to do something for you just because you did something for me." She confessed and I felt extremely happy to hear her words. A few moments later I felt her drifting off to sleep in my arms.

"I love you babygirl. So much."

Don't forget to vote and comment. Happy reading!