6

Ayla's pov

Guilty.

That's what I felt.

Having said that I would tutor Chris only because Klaus had said so, my heart knew the reason was different.

I had done it for selfish reasons. Perhaps tutoring would mean spending more time with Chris. Or maybe, just maybe, he would develop feelings for me too. But those were just wild thoughts and assumptions.

But my heart was adamant. And it filled me with guilt because I had Klaus. But I had tried to convince myself that I wasn't doing anything wrong, this wouldn't classify as cheating would it?

Or maybe, I was digging a grave for my own self.

"So what if you're going to tutor him? You've tutored a lot of people, you're going to be fine." Beth tried to console me.

"But Beth, this is Chris we're talking about! Everything is different with him!" I argued. For some odd reason, I couldn't control myself when it came to him.

"Or maybe God's just giving you a second chance." Stace intervened.

"Stace can you just shut up? It's you who has caused Ayla to become so double minded." Beth scolded Stace who just shrugged in return.

"Guys don't fight! I am going to tutor him, I can't back out now. And it'll be just two hours of tutoring and thrice a week. It won't be that bad." I tried to convince them but in reality, I was convincing myself.

And then came my perfect distraction. A call from Klaus.

"Hey babe, I hope I'm not disturbing you." I heard Klaus' voice.

"Klaus, I've told you a number of times, you never disturb me, I'm always free for you." I replied him with a smile.

"You know what? I love it when you say my name. When I was young, I used to really dislike my name, but now when you say it, I feel like hearing it on repeat." He spoke and I felt chills running down my spine. For some very odd reason, just talking to him made me feel lighter.

"So I was hoping we could go on a date sometime." He proposed and I liked that idea.

"How about a movie date? Me, you and lots of extra butter popcorn!" The thought of extra butter popcorn made my mouth water. I wasn't really a big fan of caramel popcorn and I couldn't watch a movie without popcorn.

"Your wish is my command milady. What movie would you like to watch?" He questioned and I answered without a thought.

"The Lion King! Oh my God, I loved it as a child!" I beamed and I could hear him chuckle in the background.

"I'll have all the arrangements done princess. How about tomorrow night?" I loved his cute pet names for me.

"Sounds good to me." I said and then checked the time. "I've got to go know, talk to you later baby." I told him and then braced myself.

Time to tutor Chris Harrison.

I had given him the time. 3:00pm to 5:00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. And I wasn't surprised when he rushed in at 3:45pm.

"Shit, shit, I'm sorry Lolo. I totally forgot about the time! And thank God you're still here, I thought you would've left by now. And please don't tell Klaus about this. He would have my head for this." Unlike Klaus, Chris wasn't punctual.

"Chris, I've known you for years now. Let's not waste more time and start with today's lesson." I told him. I had already planned everything because I loved being organised.

"Also, avoid that nickname please." I added.

"Come on, before starting with all this Math, let's eat something I'm hungry." He began and I was about to protest but then he pulled out a box.

Of Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

My weakness.

Doughnuts were something I could never resist. They were sublime! Nothing beats the freshly made glazed ones; the dough practically melts in your mouth. They were soft, light and fluffy. I could never get over them.

I quickly grabbed one, took a bite and moaned at its taste. They were the best things to exist, hands down.

After munching on the yummy goodness, we went back to business.

"So today we'll do quadratics. The strategy we'll use is that first you'll understand the concept and then you'll attempt some questions because Math is all about practice." I told him.

Much to my surprise, he was very attentive and responsive. I would've thought that he would joke around, annoy me or ask stupid questions, but he proved me completely wrong.

"Gosh, I think this is the most I've ever studied in an hour." He revealed and I passed him a smile. "I'm going to use the restroom now and how about I drop you home?" He suggested and I agreed.

I was keeping all of my books in my bag as my eye fell to the koala keychain Chris gave to me and a smile crept to my face.

"Oh my, that's such a cute keychain." Chris' ex, Sasha Adams commented as she saw me staring and smiling at it. We both were on good terms though, so whenever we saw each other we would say hi or pass a smile.

"You know, I used to have a similar one but then I gifted it to your stupid best friend Chris. If I knew that he would break up with me just a week later, I would've never gave it to him." She revealed.

And that's when it struck to me.

"CHRIS!"

"What?"

"Where did you get this keychain from?" I interrogated him.

"You know-" He started to think and he was starting to get nervous.

"YOU REGIFTED SOMEONE'S GIFT AND ON TOP OF THAT YOU LIED TO ME." I was so disappointed in him.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's just, you were mad at me and I had a feeling you would like this and so I decided to give it to you." He confessed but I was still very angry.

"Please don't tell me these doughnuts weren't for someone else too." I prayed and he remained silent, which gave me my answer.

"YOU'RE UNBELIEVABLE."

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'll pay Jason later. Come on, I'm sorry." He side-hugged me and I felt my anger simmering down.

Urgh, stupid boy.

Don't forget to vote and comment

Don't forget to vote and comment. Happy reading!