2

Ayla's pov

"You are a strong and independent woman who doesn't need anyone." I chant to myself every morning as I wake up.

Living alone in a small apartment was hard but I managed. My parents lived a few hours away since they had their jobs there.

My father was a banker and my mother was a nurse and they always tried to fulfil all my wishes. I also tutored people in my free time to earn some for myself.

Being in the senior year of high school was hard but my best friends Stacy and Bethany made it bearable. They were opposites in every sense which is why I feel like there's always a balance. I was also pretty close to Bethany's boyfriend Jason, these two were my OTP and I had played match-maker for the two.

Stacy, on the other hand, avoided boys like a plague. After she got her heart broken from a guy, she decided that she would never get into a relationship. If it was in her control, she wouldn't have let Beth and I to get into our respective relationships either. She went all protective when Beth told her that she's going out with Jay. In my case it was even worse because Stace didn't like Klaus at all. The reason still unknown to me.

Klaus.

Or K-bear as I like to call him.

I still remember the time when his best friend Mike had accidentally told me that Klaus likes me. Mike got a black eye after that but I was mostly confused. Especially since there was only one boy before Klaus who liked me, and lets just say that didn't go well. I thought that maybe this was some kind of prank or a dare. But when Klaus told me that he was serious, that's when I actually took him into consideration.

Klaus was a man of few words. I knew that he was rich and that he owned a company. But one day I searched the internet and found out that wow, he's super rich. He was also a fitness-freak. He really worked on himself after his breakup with Ella. Ella and I stopped being friends soon after their break up because I started to notice what a back stabbing and lying bitch she was. Our mutual hate for Ella helped Klaus and I to bond to much extent.

In a month or two, Klaus had completely changed. He lost weight, grew a beard and his height increased too. He was taller than me, I had always loved his hair and he had a super cute smile.

His mother had passed away so he was brought up under the care of his father. He took over the family business when he was 18 and he was had just turned 22.

It took six months for me to finally agree to be his girlfriend. I would be rude, I would ignore him, not reply his texts for days but he'd wait patiently and never give up on me.

I was a very moody person so dealing with my mood swings was hard but he dealt with them. I sometimes had food swings- the urge to eat at odd times. But he would get me food, even if it was 3am or if he was in another country. Which reminded me, he was coming back from London and I had to go to the airport to surprise him.

He walked up to me as soon as he saw me, gave me a small hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"I've missed you so much." He whispered as he smelled my hair. He had a weird attachment with my hair and I think it's partly because of my shampoo.

"I've missed you too K-bear." I spoke breaking the hug.

"I've missed hearing that nickname from you. And how did you come here? Mike told me he sent the driver but you didn't come with him." He asked in a calm tone.

Urgh, stupid Mike. Klaus hated it when I travelled in a taxi and I didn't want to lie to him either.

"You know, um-" I fiddled with my fingers, something I tend to do when I'm nervous.