16

Ayla's pov

"God I can't believe I'm third-wheeling on a double date." Stace whined and the rest of us laughed.

Today Beth, Jay, Klaus, Stace and I were going to this newly opened 'Adventure Land' which was a Theme Park. There was a lot of hype about this place so we thought we should finally visit it. Initially we were supposed to go on a road trip but then Beth suggested we go here because the two of us loved rides. The boys on the other hand weren't as excited as us but they came for us.

The place was flooded with people and I kept holding Klaus' hand so that I don't get lost. We invited Chris too but he was 'busy' so we let him be. I was somewhat relieved because I didn't want to be with Chris and Klaus at the same time. It was just a lot of conflicting emotions and they were too much to handle.

"Let's go on the rollercoaster!" Beth cheered as soon as Jay got the tickets. Klaus and I sat together and I look a picture of us to capture this moment. As the ride started, I screamed with all my might. I've always loved themed parks and scary rides a lot. There was also this 'Pirate ship' ride I went in next and then one called the 'Drop tower'.

"Babe you go to the next ride, I'll be right back in a few minutes." Klaus told me and headed to the rest room.

Beth, Stace and I took many pictures and videos and also went on the Merry-go-round. It was so much fun, I was genuinely very happy. But when Klaus didn't come back after 15 minutes, I called him and he told me he was still in the restroom. I told Jay to go and check up on him because his voice sounded low. But when the two came out, I felt slightly relieved.

"I don't think this guy should sit on more rides." Jay commented and that's when I looked at Klaus' face which looked drained. I walked up to him and cupped his face, "Baby what's wrong?"

"I don't feel well, but don't worry about me." He looked threateningly at Jay for telling me.

"I'm sorry I pulled you on all of those rides, I didn't know-" I started to say but he interrupted me, "Hey, it's alright. You go on the rides and I will watch you. Or take pictures of you." He smiled at me and I passed a small smile back. However I didn't feel like going on rides so Klaus and I just watched the rest. Suddenly I had the urge to eat candy-floss so Klaus and I walked up the vendor.

At the stall we saw two people whom we wouldn't have ever expected to see. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

It was Chris and Juliet. Walking hand in hand. I felt a rollercoaster of emotions. I was angry, I was sad, I was surprised, I was amused but most of all I was disappointed. When his eyes met mine, I bet he could see the disappointment in mine.

"So this is where you were 'busy'." I taunted and he just stood there like a mannequin.

"So you and Juliet are finally together?" Klaus asked the next question and I just waited for the answer. No verbal answer came but their interlocked hands and Juliet's shy smile was confirmation.

"Excuse me, I need to use the rest room." I told Klaus and rushed up to an empty one, locking myself in and breaking down. Chris made me feel such emotions that I wasn't able to control. I felt such despair that it reminded me of a time in the past when I felt the same way. However, the outcome of that event was something I was eternally grateful for.

Flashback

We were at Jay's party and Chris wasn't dating anyone at that time. Both of us decided to wear leather jackets, he had picked me up and he was also my ride home. We all played a few games together and that day I truly felt a connection between us.

But then I overheard Jay and Chris' conversation where Jay questioned if something was going on between Chris and I and Chris replied by saying that we were 'just friends' and we couldn't ever be more than that.

I felt such anger, sadness and despair that I made a stupid move and called Klaus. He was such a gentleman that he came as soon as possible and picked me up from Jay's house.

He asked me what was wrong quite a few times but I shrugged it off, my mind kept replaying Chris' words and then I looked at Klaus. I realised he and I were more similar than I thought. We both liked someone who didn't like us back.

I didn't know whether it was because I was sad, lonely or sleepy but I said it.

"Klaus?" He looked at me and I continued. "I'll be your girlfriend."

End of flashback

I knew it was an impulsive decision but the happiness it brought Klaus? It was priceless. He was so incredibly happy. And why? Because of me. I had made him that happy. I had the power to make him that happy.

And did I regret the decision? No. Klaus was great, he was funny, smart and good-looking. The flaw was in me. The inability to move on and get over Chris bothered me to no end.

I felt a knock on the rest room door and heard Beth and Stace. I wiped my tears and put on a smile on my face.

"Are you okay?" "We saw Chris and Juliet." They spoke one after another. I smiled and told them I was okay and we went out to join the rest.

I gathered the courage and walked up to Chris and Juliet. "I'm happy for you both."

"Ferris wheel for the couples!" Jay screamed, shaking the tickets in his hand.

"God I hate you guys so much." Stace commented and I whispered in Klaus' ear, "Will you be okay with it? Or do I just make up an excuse?"

"We can go." He smiled and we went on the ferris wheel.

As we reached the top, it felt so calm and serene as I saw the beautiful sunset.
"How beautiful is that?" I remarked and Klaus whispered in my ear, "Not as beautiful as you."

We kissed on the ferris wheel and took a picture as well. When I looked at Klaus, I realised that I had to get over Chris.

Not just for him, but for us.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Happy reading!