12

Ayla's pov

"Good morning K-bear." I spoke as I stretched my arms and saw that he was already awake.

"Slept well?" He asked and I just nodded my head. I was so tired yesterday that I didn't know when I fell asleep. I thanked God that Klaus had came to Chris' old house on time otherwise the situation would've escalated.

"I want to ask you something? Just please don't freak out and give it a thought." Klaus said and I told him to go ahead.

"Well, my brother is back from Australia and today I'm meeting with him and my dad. My brother suggested I bring you, so would you like to come?" He questioned and I was conflicted. I wanted to say yes because he had asked so sweetly and he does so much for me but on the other hand, what if his dad doesn't like me? I wasn't good at meeting new people and I get very awkward very easily.

"Trust me, my dad will love you. And he's very calm and sweet. Like me." He tried to clear my doubts and convince me. I nodded and I saw a huge smile form on his face.

"Great! I'll pick you up after school and we'll go there after. Now get ready, I'm dropping you off today." He spoke cheerfully and I complied.

The entire time I was so nervous about meeting his dad and brother that it was evident on my face. I couldn't focus, I couldn't eat, I was just constantly worrying.

"AYLA!" Beth screamed in my face and I replied with a 'what'.

"We've been trying to get your attention for so long now, what's up girl?" Beth questioned and Stace sat beside her.

"It's just, I'm meeting Klaus' dad today and his brother is back so he invited me and urgh, I don't know how it'll go." I revealed.

"Relax, you'll be fine. I've met Jay's parents and they were really sweet." Beth told us about her experience and I felt a little less nervous now. But I didn't know his father's likes or dislikes! I just knew his name which was William Anderson. Besides that, I knew nothing. Hell, I didn't even know what I would take to their house. My mum taught never go someone's place for the first time empty handed.

Throughout this ordeal, I noticed Stace was oddly silent. Usually she gives her input in everything and for her to be quiet is very unusual. "Stace, is everything okay?"

She just nodded but I was not satisfied. When Stace excused herself to use the restroom, I followed her.

"Stacy I know something is wrong. I'm here if you want to share." Stace has always supported me, in everything. And I wanted to be there for her too.

"You said Klaus' brother is back?" She asked and I nodded. A few seconds later she broke into tears and I pulled her into a hug. This was one of the few rare times that I saw Stace cry but I couldn't understand why. What did Klaus' brother have to do with her?

And then it clicked. "You were in a relationship with Klaus' brother?" I wanted to confirm my doubts before drawing conclusions. She nodded and then spoke, "Landon and I were together for 6 months until one day he just vanished. No call, no text, nothing." She revealed and I felt so sad for her. Now I knew why she disapproved of my relationship with Klaus.

"Stace, I'm so sorry he did that to you." I told her in attempts to soothe her. I gave her some water and then she splashed some water on her face to feel better.

Soon after, Klaus came to pick me up and I suggested that we take some doughnuts for his dad. I made sure I appeared decent and gave myself a little pep-talk before exiting the car. Klaus would squeeze my hand to ensure that he's here with me and nothing would go wrong.

The mansion was humongous. Even more luxurious than Klaus'. Klaus' father was a famous politician and had a successful business on the side so ultimately they were extremely wealthy. But what I loved about Klaus was that he didn't show off his wealth or boast about it. He was always humble and down to earth.

The door was opened by a butler and then Klaus' father came in view. He was an older version of Klaus and I could see the resemblance.

"Klaus! Good to see you. And you must be Ayla." Their voice was quiet similar as well, although his father's was heavier.

"Yes, it's good to see you sir." I answered, my voice sounded weird.

"Please call me William. Come have a seat." He directed us to the living room. The interior was so glamorous with all the chandeliers, show pieces, ornaments, paintings, frames and voice-activated lights.

"So how long have you two been together?" He questioned and Klaus answered, "5 months." Well 5 months, 4 days and 16 hours to be exact.

"And how old is she?" He asked and this time I answered, "18." Well technically, 17 and a half but that doesn't matter.

"Don't you two have quite an age gap?" His father pointed out and honestly I didn't mind that but I was afraid that he would.

"Come on dad, you make me sound old. Plus, you and mum had an age gap too." He squeezed my hand as he noticed how tense I was.

"Klaus! Dad! Sorry I'm late." Entered Landon who was a split version of Klaus, just a little taller and with a broader chest. "And you must be Ayla." He greeted me and I passed a smile.

"Food's ready, let's go to the table." His dad instructed and we followed. The table was filled with all sorts of food and my eyes zeroed on the Chinese food. I sat and prayed before eating and I saw his father eyeing me, making me feel conscious.

"I see why you like her son." His father remarked but I couldn't understand what he meant.

"Oh father, there's a lot of reasons why I like her, you'll find out soon enough." He replied back and I smiled at his comment.

Before Landon could take a bite of his food Klaus stopped him. "Is it sugar free?" He asked the butler at which the butler nodded.

"I have diabetes so food for me is supposed to be sugar-free." Landon remarked.

"I heard about the chaos you caused yesterday Landon, when will you learn to behave?" His father spoke. I found out that Landon had been to the police station the night earlier and Klaus saved him. From the looks of it, Klaus was the more responsible one despite being younger.

"The food was delicious." I told his father as soon as I was done and he passed me a smile.

Soon enough I received a call from my parent's neighbor which was unusual. "Hi Mrs. Fraiser, what-" But I wasn't able to complete my sentence because her words left me shocked and broken. Tears started to spill and Klaus rushed to my side. "Babe, what's wrong, what happened?"

"Hou-se fi-re, mum dad!" I panicked. The house my parents lived in, was on fire. The house I was born in, was on fire. I quickly asked Mrs. Fraiser if mum and dad were okay and to my relief they were.

"Klaus, I need to go. Mum and dad need me."

"Do you want me to come too?" He asked with concern but I replied with a no. My parents didn't know about him and I didn't feel like it was the right time for them to meet. However, I did agree on taking his driver.

The car ride was excruciatingly painful since all my childhood memories from that house played in my mind. But as soon as I saw mum and dad, I felt so grateful for everything. As long as I had them, I had everything. I cried in their arms as they tried to soothe me.

I instructed Klaus' driver to take us home but mid-way it started to rain really fast so I decided it was best to spend the night at a hotel. But to my dismay, all hotels were fully booked since Thanksgiving was near. We checked 3 hotels but were unable to get a single room and when we reached the fourth, I had lost my shit.

"NOT EVEN A SINGLE ROOM? I'm willing to pay two times, scratch that, three times more than the actual, we just need a room!"

My mum and dad tried to calm me down but I felt helpless in the situation. The rain had turned into a storm and we had no where to go.

And then I saw my knight in shining armour.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Happy reading!