Chapter 4: Happy Birthday!

I drove to Kevin's bus stop, but he wasn't there so I drove to school. I dialed Kevin's phone. "Hey it's Kevin. Losers leave messages that I will never listen to so try again later. Deuces." Kevin answering machine said. He loved to tell the truth. He believed in the whole saying 'the truth shall set you free'. I parked my car and walked into the building. There was no sign of any civilization. Was there school today or was I too early or something. I walked into the cafeteria and everyone jumped out. "Happy birthday Heaven." everyone said.

"Thank you everyone." I said.

"Your welcome birthday girl." Kevin said coming through the crowd with a red rose in his hands. I took the rose from him and gave him a big hug. "Thank you Kevin." I whispered in his ear.

"Your welcome." he whispered back.

"Move Kevin." Rose said. Kevin released me and moved to my side.

"Hi Rose." I said.

"For some reason my brother likes you so here." she said and handed me a box from Tiffany. My second box from Tiffany tonight. I opened the box, but there was just a card inside. If your not going out tonight will you come by the club for your birthday party where you'll get your real gift? -Royce. I smiled and nodded. "Okay." I said. Rose started to walk away, but she stopped.

"Happy birthday Heaven." she said.

"Thanks." I said. School ended earlier than expected since someone flooded the bathroom. My birthday was amazing so far. "Wanna go out for your birthday tonight?" Kevin asked.

"Someone is throwing me a party wanna join." I said.

"Sure why not." he said. I walked up to my car and Kevin looked stunned.

"Where's your dad's truck?" he asked.

"Say thank you to my mother." I said as we got inside.

"Thank you Mrs. Lane." Kevin said. We got in the car and drove to the mall. I was in desperate need for a new outfit for my party with Royce the guy that Kevin hates for no explained reason.