Chapter 13: Powers

I sat at the kitchen table with my hands tied behind my back around the chair. Some man was holding a spoon of soup to my mouth, but I wasn't so easy in letting him feed me."Why can't you just let me go?" I asked.

"You too important. With your powers and all." Michael said.

"Powers. Are you insane? I'm just a human." I said.

"Is that what Kevin told you?" He asked. "That's what I was born knowing." I said.

"I bet he was there all through your life right." He said.

"Yeah." I said.

"Does it bother you?" He asked.

"Does what bother me?" I asked as the guy shoved the spoon in my mouth. I quickly spit the soup out on the floor.

"That wasn't very nice, Heaven." Michael said. "I'm not hungry. How do you know my name?" I asked.

"How did you and Kevin meet?" He asked. "I don't remember." I said.

"It's so much easier when you just answer me." He said. I was trying to forget what he did to me. I looked down my arms looking at the giant slashing on my arms. You could read the Mich in his name. I was screaming so loud that he finally stopped when someone announced dinner. Out of the blue it started bleeding again and I felt the burn of the marks again. I screamed and felt a little dizzy as each letter filled with blood exiting my body. A nurse rushed over to me wrapping the wounds again before it leaked all over the carpet. "Sorry about that. I wish it could've been easier." Michael said. "Why does it matter what I know?" I asked. "Because Kevin added himself into your memories." He said.

"He'd never do that. He's my best friend." I said.

"If he was your best friend I doubt you'd forget how and when you met." He said. "I just have a bad memory that's all." I said.

"So you remember everything except for how and when you met Kevin." He said. "Whatever." I said.

"You can get rid of the pain." He said.

"What." I said.

"Your pain. You can make it go away forever." He said. This guy must really be drunk or possibly high if he believed that I could heal myself, but then again my best friend was a werewolf. "How do I do it?" I asked.

"Focus on relieving the pain." He said. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath and focus on my arms without pain and cuts on them. I felt the pain of skin tugged to be closed. Then with one swift tug everything stopped. I opened my eyes and saw my skin was back to its normal shade with no evidence of a cut ever being there. "I guess I do have powers." I said.

"Of course you do. You are the chosen one after all." Michael said.