18 | Puberty stuff

12 years old...

The door to my room was hastily opened without even a knock, and I wasn't surprised to see a very familiar face to enter.

"What are you doing? The show is about to start in about five minutes and we haven't prepared the pillows and the popcorn yet." My friend, Andres told me, exasperated.

I raised my head from my pillow and let out a groan, "I don't think I can make it today, I'm not feeling really well." I lowly said.

His face changed and now a look of concern was on it, "Why? What happened?" he asked.

"I don't know, my stomach doesn't feel good." I answered.

"Hey, maybe you're just hungry or something. Or maybe, you just need to drink something warm. Come on, I'll help you get to the kitchen." he gently said. The thought about the show completely forgotten.

I gave him a nod and removed the blanket on me, he immediately walked to my side and wrapped his arm on my shoulder. I stood up from my bed with a groan and clutched at my stomach because of the pain on it.

We started walking towards my door but Andres abruptly stopped. I turned to look at him, curious as to why he stopped walking but then I saw his eyes widened while looking at something on my bed.

"HOLY FUCK, LYANNA, WHAT HAPPENED?! YOU'RE BLEEDING!" he yelled. He continued looking at something on my bed then his eyes averted on my shorts, and if it is even possible his eyes got wider. I myself was shocked at what he said and turned to see what he was talking about, and I saw red that surely is blood on my sheets.

"WHO THE FUCK STABBED YOU IN THE ASS?!" he shouted.

And that's how I had my very first menstruation... aaahhh womanhood.

14 years old...

I am currently packing the stuff we'll be needing for the party. And yes I am assigned to pack for Andres too. You know guys sometimes don't really care that much like us girls. There was this pool party of a classmate we're going to and when I asked my best friend if he's already prepared he said he is and it turns out he just packed an extra brief and a shirt.

So, I ended up being the responsible one and packed the necessities for the both of us. And let's also add the fact that he doesn't have a mother figure to prepare such things for him like what most of us have.

Towels? Check.

Extra clothes? Check.

Sunblock? Check.

Plastic Bag for the wet clothes later? Check.

An extra sandwich with his favorite chicken mayo spread? Check.

Shades for us to look cool? Check.

And...

A tampon...because come on you never know when Aunt Red will be visiting. Just in case of an emergency, you know.

And yes, I know that you're thinking that I'm such a mom for thinking and packing stuff like this but I'd like to have what I need than to suffer with lack of materials later.

I put all the stuff inside my bag and was about to change my clothes for the party when my door was peered open.

"Hey, I have something for you." Andres said, as he entered my room and is hiding something on his back.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Ta-da!" he exclaimed. He was grinning at me and on his hand is a black two-piece swimsuit.