10 | Sandwich and Coats

We are currently having our breakfast. Everyone is on the table drinking their coffee and eating there cereals or sandwiches. Helsinki is telling us the story about his experience during a war. We were all listening to him and I was drinking my coffee when I noticed something on the person who is sitting on the center of the table.

Berlin is spreading cream cheese on the half side of his bread and after that he picked up the nutella and put some on the other half. He had done this ever since we were young. I've always loved the combination of the two and every time I'd request for a sandwich he knows well what to put in it.

I was excited to eat what he prepared, and I was about to get it from him, when I realized something. He was also about to give me the plate when he suddenly paused. We both looked at each other. Berlin isn't that friendly with everyone in the group and if out of nowhere he gives me a sandwich some of the members might grow suspicious to the both of us.

He pulled back the plate, and I looked around the table to see if anyone in the group saw that. I was about to give up on getting that sandwich, but an idea came to mind. "Hey, Berlin, that sandwich looks good can I have it?" I innocently asked.

Nairobi and Tokyo looked at the both of us and the rest was still listening to Helsinki's story. Berlin look at me from his cup and placed down his cup before looking at the food on the plate I was referring.

"Oh, this? You want it? What would I get for exchange then?" he asked me with that mischievous look on his eyes.

The bastard isn't making this easier for the both of us. Nairobi and Tokyo were still looking at us, and I need to come up with something to reply to this jerk. I wanted to tell him that he won't be seeing holes in his coats if he stops being a jerk and give it to me immediately, but then again, I have to act like I haven't known this guy my whole life.

"Never mind, I'll just make one for myself." I sighed. I didn't want to make a big deal out of a sandwich since the two girls were still listening to our conversation. But this guy is really taking advantage of our acting of not knowing each other.

"Nah, you can have it, I can see you drooling for it." he said and passed me the plate. I narrowed my eyes at him, and he smirked at me. I bet he was laughing about this on the inside. I thanked him and proceeded to eat my sandwich.

If he thinks I'll let this pass, well he has to think again. He was still looking at me while drinking his coffee. I finished eating my sandwich and when I was done, I looked at him and gave him a cunning smile. He placed his cup down and raised his chin and narrowed his eyes at me, which looked like he's challenging me.

I heard Denver before saying that he gets cold because he didn't bring any coats with him. And one thing that annoys Berlin a lot, and he doesn't like, is borrowing his clothes. And I know just how to annoy the hell out of him. "Berlin, I've seen you wearing nice coats. You're really stylish. Maybe you can lend Denver one, just for the meantime, he doesn't have one. Right Denver?" I said and turned my head to Denver.

"Uhm, yeah, I guess. Since Papa, needs the coat I was borrowing from him." Denver replied. I smiled at him before looking back at Berlin. I stopped myself from laughing at the look Berlin is giving me right now. He was glaring at me and giving me look that says 'this is not over'.

"I mean it wouldn't hurt to lend at least one, right?" I asked him innocently. I was laughing out loud on the inside with the way he looked even more annoyed to me now. I mean, he wouldn't even let me borrow one of his robes, how more so to Denver.

"No." he bluntly replied.

"Why? I mean just one. I'm sure you have plenty." I said, testing him even more.