8 | Slow Dancing

"Thank you so much for your cooperation, Ms. Fowler." I said to the old woman that I've taken care of these past four years. I was holding her hand and smiling genuinely at her. She was sitting in her wheelchair, looking at me, and her eyes are brimmed with tears.

"You know that I'll miss that porridge you always make and these gentle hands." her voice cracked as she spoke. My eyes started to sting with tears now too because of her words.

This 78 year old, insanely rich woman, was the reason I managed to pay my bills and lived on that gorgeous apartment. Back then, she was just a patient on the hospital I was working when she experienced a mild stroke. I was assigned to be her nurse and she was admitted there for almost two months. Eventually, the both of us got close. And when I found out that she doesn't have a child nor a family member to take care of her, I volunteered to be her care taker. There's nothing not to love with this woman. She was sweet and understanding, and loving.

After a while, she requested me not to work at the hospital anymore and just take care of her on this mansion she's living, saying she doesn't want me to work two jobs and to overwork myself. She doubled my salary and even tripled it, just for me to agree. And that's how I ended up working just for her these previous years. And the apartment I'm currently living was her birthday gift to me, I didn't accept it at first but she said that it was already entitled to my name. She said since she doesn't have any children to spend her money with, she'd rather spend it to me because she sees me as the daughter she never had.

Today, I am saying my gratitude and my goodbye to her. This morning, I wrote her a letter and had her read it when I came to her place. This woman became my second mother and helped me through a lot. I shouldn't be leaving her but the heist is about to happen months from now and we need to start the plan.

My heart was aching as I saw her crying. After my resignation, I asked her a favor Andres told me to do. I asked if I can burn all the pictures we have, her cellphone that has my contacts, papers of the bought apartment, and erase her passbook information that says that she sent money to me. It was all part of the plan. If the police find out about my identity, they'll be searching any connections I have, just to use it against me. Getting Ms. Fowler involved is something I never want to happen.

She was really confused at first. She wondered why I have to do all those. I begged her not to ask any questions since she knows that I was never good at lying to her. She agreed and told me that she understood and that as long as I wasn't being in any trouble. I told her that I wasn't but might be in the future. Her eyes widened at my statement. And that's where I asked her my last favor.

Sergio told me that we won't be stealing anyone's money on this heist and most importantly we won't be killing anyone. That's why I'll proceed on this plan and trust my best friend's brother. And the money will surely be a big help.

Ms. Fowler gasped when I told her that the police might come for her to get some information about me. She began rambling that I must be in trouble and I'm just escaping now, she also said that she'll help bailing me out of jail, saying she knows that I must've did it with purpose. I chuckled at her words. Even though she hasn't know anything yet, she's already willing to help.

"I really appreciate it for you to bail me out of jail, Ms. Fowler, but I'm not going to jail. But I'll need a different help from you, though. I need you to keep your silence if ever the day comes that they're interrogating you about me. I would want you to act that you don't remember any person that comes by the name, Lyanna. They would accept that statement of yours due to your age." I told her with pleading eyes.

"You know, I'm not that old yet to forget things, but if acting as if I do will prevent them from catching you, then I'll gladly do it." She said with that bright smile she always has and made a zipping action on her mouth. "But I want you to know that even how old I'll get, I'll never forget the only person I know and loves so dearly that comes by the name, Lyanna."