eighteen.

If you asked chris from a couple years ago what he would name his child, he wouldn't know because he didn't even think of having children. He was perfectly fine with being married to Maeve without having children. That all changed. Maeve was pregnant and he was already looking through baby books, asking his sisters about morning sickness and researching everything about pregnancy, child birth and most importantly, his child's name. An: I'm looking at you grimes and elon

"Since when do you eat carrot cake?" Chris questioned his wife as she opened up a container that had carrot cake in it.

"Are you forgetting about me being pregnant. I've been eating foods I didn't even know about. Do we have pickles?"

Chris walked over to the fridge, grabbed the pickle jar and opened it before handing it to Maeve. "So what are we naming her?"

"What if she is a he?" Maeve grabbed a pickle and started eating it.

"That's where you're wrong. It's a girl. I have a gut feeling." Chris admitted.

"Your gut is being dumb. She is a he and he shall be named Alexander. Alex for short." Maeve confessed. "I've always like that name."

"You can name a girl alex too. Or alexa, just saying." Chris ducked as Maeve threw a pickle at him.

ONE YEAR LATER

He was definitely a she. Maeve gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Her name was decided by chris. Isla grace. Scott was ecstatic for the couple. He couldn't wait to teach Isla all about growing up in an evans household. After coming home from the hospital, chris helped maeve up the stairs and into their bed. He insisted on having isla stay with them for a few days, maybe even months, until he felt that the nursery was safe enough for her.

"Did you change her diaper already?" Maeve asked after getting under the covers.

"Yeah," chris put isla down onto Maeve's arms. Dodger wagged his tail at the sight of a tiny human and started to cry when isla did. "It's okay, you two. Looks like we have two babies on our hands, huh?"

"He practically loves her more than us. Don't you, dodge? Yes you do!" Maeve made kissy noises at dodger.

It felt really good to have a family, thought chris. He kept his attention of the baby in Maeve's arms and wondered what it would be like if he had children with Maeve sooner. Probably their trip to Hawaii would've never happened.

An: that's it folks, the end to Maeve and chris' story :( I like to believe they had a few more kiddos after isla like maybe a boy or another girl, whatever floats your boat, but I did want to make this a short story from the beginning. Thanks for reading amd supporting this short story :)

Here's one last Maeve and Chris manip :)