twelve.

The bar had the perfect environment for keeping Maeve happy. She looked around the packed room and smiled when she saw all the happy faces. She grabbed chris' hand and forgot all about lindsay. A man with a microphone appeared on stage, interrupting many conversations.

"It's time for the annual karaoke time! Do we have any volunteers?" The man asked the crowd. Chris didn't expect for Maeve to stand up and raise her hand. He watched as a spotlight shined on her and followed her to the stage. "And what's your name ma'am?"

"Maeve." She replied as the host handed her the microphone.

"And what's the song choice today?"

"I don't want to set the world on fire." Maeve said and stood center stage as the host left. She waited for music to start, chris staring at her like he did when they first met. Soon the music began, maeve sang the first line, immediately getting a round of applause. Chris didn't even know she could sing, but when he heard the soft angelic voice coming out of maeve's mouth, he fell more in love.

"I've lost all ambition for worldly acclaim. I just want to be the one you love."

Maeve sang like her life depended on it. When she sang the last note, chris was the first one to stand up and clap. He was immensely proud of what he just witnessed. Maeve handed the host the microphone, walking back to her seat as the next person came up to sing. Chris grabbed Maeve's face and kissed her repeatedly until she stopped him.

"That was incredible. The best performance I've seen and I've seen adele." Chris teased, sitting back down and leaning his head on the palm of his hand. "You're incredibly talented. Put out a record and people will love it."

"Stop, I don't like singing in front of others but this just felt right. Being here, I mean. Don't you think?" She said.

"Why don't we go back to the hotel and I'll show you something else that feels right. Well actually more than right."

And they did.

An: my friend told me to write that last line down and I delivered. But oh god I am never writing something like that AGAIN