five.

That night, the resort held a party for incoming guests, which catches the attention of maeve. Chris' dinner plans were, as of now, cancelled. Maeve layed out a cami dress on the bed and took out a pair of flats to go with it. "You should wear that button up that your mom got you for your birthday." Maeve ran her hands through her hair.

"We're going together?" Chris asked surpised.

"I may be mad at you, but I'm not leaving you here." Maeve said. She looked over her shoulder and saw dodger playing with his toys. "There's a pet care downstairs, figured dodger would want to make some friends."

"That's great. Yeah, he'd like that, wouldn't you bud?" Chris tossed Dodger's ball at him, which he caught. "What are we even going to be doing? Bingo?"

Maeve cracked a smile. "No. Manager told me that they'll be serving dinner, we can go to the pools, casinos even and they'll be playing a movie."

"So dinner is still on."

"Bold of you to assume that we'll even step foot into dinner. My ass is going exploring."

After leaving dodger at the pet care, maeve and chris wandered around the resort. Hawaii was beautiful in every way. The sound of waves crashing was peaceful. Maeve swore she could fall asleep on the shore. Chris wanted to grab her hand, he desperately wanted to. Their hands would sometimes brush against each other, but neither of them had the courage to grab the other's hand.

"I like this type of weather. Feels nice," maeve stopped to take in the fresh air. As she closed her eyes, the wind blew her hair. At that moment, chris knew that she was the most beautiful woman in the world. "I'm not stopping you."

Maeve's words caught chris off guard. "What? Stop me from what?" He choked on his words.

She chuckled lightly and poked his cheek. "I know when you want to grab my hand. Or did you forget we've known each other for god knows how long."

And he did.