the beginning.

Chris came home late.

A night out with friends drinking was a perfect way to ens his Friday night. Several drinks and a game of cards, he was on his way home. He looked over at his watch which read '11:47'. He knew that Maeve would be home, probably waiting for him like she did for the past two weeks. He parked his car and saw all the lights turned off. She usually had them on.

He approached the door, unlocked it and saw dodger's bed empty. "Bud? I'm home." He said trying to get the dog's attention. But Dodger was no where in sight. Chris quietly walked upstairs to his bedroom which he shared with maeve. As he opened the door, he saw marve silently sleeping on the bed facing the large window with dodger sound asleep at her feet.

Chris sighed. Dodger had a soft spot for Maeve ever since they adopted him. He took of his jacket and shoes, trying to not make a sound. He changed out of his clothes into something more comfortable. Once he did, he laid in bed, facing his back to Maeve. It was all quiet until the sound of his wife's voice spoke.

"I left some papers for you to sign on the counter." Her voice said quietly.

Chris only let out a groan. "I told you, we're not renting a beach house."

"It's not for that."

"Then what is it for?"

"I want a divorce."