nine.

The beautiful melodies of Frank Sinatra filled Maeve and Chris' room. They sat across from each other as Maeve wrote down a few things on a piece of paper. Chris stared at her hands as she moved the pen.

"That's more than a few things, I thought you said you needed a few things not the whole entire store." Chris scoffed at the list once Maeve handed it to him.

"Want me to add more?" Maeve teased. Chris was headed to a store near the hotel to get Maeve what she requested like more shampoo and treats for dodger. The resort provided shampoo, but it was always leaving Maeve's hair not like she wanted.

"I'm good, I'll be back in an hour tops. Don't miss me too much." He kissed the top of her head before leaving. The store Maeve had found on her phone was a bit far, but it was the only store that had the exact same shampoo she used.

Maeve grabbed her orange juice and her plate with pancakes and walked to the balcony, Dodger by her side. She placed her breakfast on the small table and watched as the beautiful scenery of Hawaii made her breathless. Families enjoying the sun, children running around with bright smiles on their faces. It was all too good to be true. But it was also cut short when dodger started barking uncontrollably.

"Dodge, babe, what is it?" Maeve crouched down to Dodger's level and stroked his fur. He kept barking until he leaned against the railing of the balcony and started to bark more. Maeve looked at the direction dodger was barking towards and saw lindsay with her husband.

Out of all the places lindsay chose to vacation at, she chose the same fucking state her, chris and dodger were at. Great. Now she had to deal with lindsay, who always wanted to be the best at everything and got everything she wanted.

"Good boy, dodge." Maeve kissed Dodger's fur then took him inside for a breakfast of his own. When she came back, she saw lindsay squinting her eyes at her, trying to make out her face. Maeve rolled her eyes and grabbed her sunglasses from the table and out them on as she sipped her orange juice and leaned the feet on the railing not wanting to be bothered by lindsay. "I can't be bothered and I won't be. It's just that simple." She said to herself.

After an hour, chris had returned from the store with Maeve's products and Dodger's treats. He placed them on the coffee table inside their room when Maeve had entered with a now empty plate and cup. "We have wonderful company, lindsay is here." She grabbed the shampoo bottle and took it to the bathroom.

Chris groaned when he heard that lindsay was in hawaii. Not only was he trying to keep Maeve happy and save his marriage, but now lindsay had come into the equation and god knows what she would tell maeve about chris that would probably make Maeve leave with dodger. Maybe all he had to do was keep them apart.