four.

"This place is beautiful!" Maeve smiled at the sight of the resort. She lowered her sunglasses and took a deep breath. "Oh dodger, I almost forgot what being outside felt like."

Chris followed her into the lobby, suitcases in hand. He sighed as Maeve sat down in a lobby chair, dodger sitting next to her. He didn't know if by the end of the trip he would still have a wife or not, but he planned to make the most of it. "Mister evans?" A man dressed in a suit approached chris with a key card.

"Yes, that's me." Chris said and almost dropped Maeve's bag as the man gave chris the key card.

"Here is your key card. If you need any assistance with your-" maeve cleared her throat as she stood by chris, didger following her.

"That won't be necessary, he can handle it. Thank you for offering. Is there any activities to do around here? Maybe some yoga?" Maeve asked the man, who happened to be the manager of the resort.

Chris stared at the pair and let out a deep sigh. He looked down at Dodger, who was staring back at him. His hands grabbed a hold of the suitcases and Maeve's bag, dragging them to the elevator. Just as he finished putting the last suitcase in the elevator, maeve and Dodger had joined him. Maeve leaned against the elevator wall, saying nothing.

"Since when do you yoga?" Chris asked and pressed the twentieth floor button.

"Since now." Maeve responded. "We all have our hobbies, christopher."

"I was thinking, maybe you'd like to go to dinner tonight? Scott told me that the restaurant here is amazing. Maybe even a walk on the beach?" Chris hoped she said yes.

Maeve looked at him and smiled. "What's the catch?"

Chris groaned and shook his head at her behavior. "What? There's no catch! Maeve, I want to keep this, our, marriage alive!"

"Clearly you're not trying hard enough, clearly I'm not happy with our marriage and clearly neither are you!" Maeve cried out and stepped out of the elevator once it's doors opened. After a few seconds, maeve walked back holding her hand out. "I need the key card." She said quietly.

Chris took the key card from his pocket and gave it to her. He watched as she took the key card into her hands and walked away from him. Saving their marriage wasn't going to be an easy task, he knew that. But he was going to try his hardest for her to be happy.

"I'm not giving up, bud." Chris grabbed Dodger's leash and the suitcases, exiting the elevator.

Keeping maeve happy was his number one priority. He realized that all his nights out drinking had made Maeve a different person. She was falling out of love, slowly.