xxxiii

Give him a break

Narrator POV
3 days later

Tony looked down at his wrist. The soulmate mark was gone, wiped off as it was never there. Tony knew that this would happen one day, he just didn't want to believe it. He knew that Howard was right. He knew he wasn't meant to have a soulmate. He knew that he was gonna be alone forever. But seeing T'Challa's name on his wrist gave him hope, that was gone now.

He sighed, Tony never really liked being alone. That's why he made Dum-E followed by U and Butterfingers. They made it less lonely in the workshop.

It's fine, I'll be fine. He thought to himself. But deep down, he always knew he wouldn't get one anyway.

What now?

Suddenly he remembered.

Oh for fuck's sake!

Tony still hadn't told Pepper about the damn art decorations.

"So Jarvis," Tony started.

"Sir?"

"You tell Pepper about that decor yet? 'Cause I'm not doing that right now..!" Tony went off to the elevator.

"Will do, Edward."

Tony whipped his head back around so fast he might regret it sooner or later. "Jarvis! That's disrespectful, I am your father."

"You programmed me. Last I recall, I had to call Colonel to get you up and about on February 2nd."

"For Doom's sake I had a headache!"

"Yes I do recall that also, you also had some booze to 'clear your mind' the night before. It really did clear your mind didn't it?"

"Why did I give you an attitude." Tony muttered.

"I am fabulous."

"Okay whatever, just... shut up will ya? I'll sell you to a college in the morning."

"They would certainly agree that I am indeed, fabulous. And they wouldn't run on 8 cups of coffee for 24 hours."

"Oh god.. have mercy."

————————————————————

"Oh hey Tony! We were just about to make lunch." Steve said.

"I want Taco Bell!" Clint shouted.

"Why's he here. Isn't birdbrain retired?" Tony asked.

Clint got up from his seat and jumped into a pose. "Laura went shopping with her girl friends. I'm on kid duty! And so are all of you! All shall face misery with one!"

"Get him out." Tony casually said.

"Haha! Dada superhero monkey!" Nate cheerfully said.

"Nate your grilled cheese is done!" Steve said.

"Ooh! Smwandwich!" Nate skipped over to the counter where Steve was and grabbed the plate.