iv

Special Someone?

Tony's POV

"Jesus" I said as I flopped down on the couch that was way too worn out in the workshop.

Dum-E came over and gave me a one-clawed hug. And I one-handily patted his claw in return.

We, Jarvis and I, recently discovered that Dum-E learned to recognize some of the human feelings. Some of them are stress, happiness, sadness, and when you look or seem distant. So he's a bit more advanced than Butterfingers and U.

Sighing, I got up to get the packet of a bunch of rules. Even though probably more than half of the Avengers disapprove of this, it keeps us in check.

"Jarvis where's the team?" I ask.

"Captain Rogers has left the tower 2 hours ago. Ms. Redhead is at a SHEILD meeting. The Falcon seems to be at home and Colonel Rhodes to currently talking to Miss Potts. Wanda Maximoff cannot be found." The British AI replied.

"Then welp I'm not doing this today," I decide.

I walk towards the new Iron Man suit's blueprints and sit down at the desk.

"Ah, finally some peace and quiet," I look towards my bots giving them a look that they still couldn't understand even when I have done it multiple times this past week. "Cmon guys" I pick up the blue prints and wave them around for them to see. "We got work to do."

——————–(name this skip)———————
Tony POV

It's been 13 hours since Ross last talked to me about the Accords. I know I should talk to the Avengers about this, butttttttttttt I'm sooo close to being done with mark XIII (13). Currently, it's 4:43 in the morning and I am slowly dying without another cup of the wonderful, brown, amazing, liquid that is probably bad for me but who fucking cares right now.

So I get up to get a cup of coffee but before I do I stretch a little and I could hear a few bones crack.

"Dum-E, U, Butterfingers go to your charging pads. I'm gonna go have a little break."

Three little white of relaxation came off of the hard working, heavy, little bundles of metal. The three musketeers went to their charging pads and powered all the way off but left their hearing senses on. Just in case.

I walk up the few flights of stairs and the heavy, metal door closes shut, but very softly.

Surprised, I see someone awake. But who is it? And why were they up so early? It's normal for me but I rarely see anyone up this early. And when I actually do decide that I should take care of my body I sleep until 11:30. Nightmares? Issues? Is there an upcoming mission? Is Burger King closing?

Curiously, I walk over to the counter. What? I was very surprised to see the person awake was in fact Steve. And he was the one who usually says, "Tony you need sleep!" Blah blah blah. Hypocrite.

I scratch my head. He slowly moves his head to look at me. And I get very uncomfortable, which is a very rare feeling that I get from time to time.

Awkwardly, I start a conversation. While I start the coffee machine.

"Uh. So why are you up this early?"

"Hmm? Oh." He says, out of all things. And he was looking at me! I mean I know I'm pretty but jeez Steve. "Just— no reason. Just happened to be up. Shouldn't you be asleep?"

"Hey hey I have an excuse! I was in the workshop trying to improve the protection of me and the citizens that live here...and there." I point to the North, East, South, and West. Steve stares at me like I'm a madman. Which I am not!