xxii

One Down, A Million More To Go

Narrator POV

"Jarvis where'd you say the others were?" Tony asked.

"Colonel Rhodes is currently chatting with Ms. Potts, Blonde Head and Captain 1900s are down at the gym sparring, and Bird Brain is not in the tower."

"Right, thanks J." Tony said as he rode the elevator down to his buddies, Rhodey and Pepper.

As he walked out of the rectangular metal box, he remembered that he forgot to tell Pepper to get some people to put paintings and artwork up on the high walls. Ah, well, he would do that some other time. It can wait.

"Jarvis where are they exactly?" He asked the AI.

In which Jarvis responded, "Currently, they are at the mini Starbucks added to the building five months ago."

"Right, forgot that we did that." Tony said as he started to walk to the mini Starbucks.

Some employees greeted him as he walked down toward the Starbucks, because he wouldn't usually be down here. So it was like a once in a few months thing.

Once he came near the Starbucks, a familiar coffee scent filled his senses. Tony looked around trying to spot the pair. Once he saw a streak of ginger hair color, Tony immediately started walking towards her.

As he got closer, he could hear little things from their conversation. Something about "–fuck that, D-" then Tony could head the rest because the chatter got louder. Then back to quieter. Weird.

When Tony reached their table, he put the new accords on the empty unused space, right between the two's coffees. Taking an empty seat from a empty table, he started.

"Hi."

"Hey Tones, what are you doing here?" Rhodey asked.

"Errands." Tony simply replied.

"Oh, is that what this is about?" Rhodey waves his hand around the accords.

"Bingo! Yeah just read the highlighted things." Tony pointed to the many bright, yellow, highlighted lines.

"Easy enough." Rhodey said as he picked up the packet and started reading to himself.

Meanwhile, Pepper starts a conversation.

"So Tony, how are you?" Pepper turned to face the billionaire.

"Hm? Oh I'm fine. You?" Tony says.

"I'm good, anything interesting happen?" She asks again.

"Nah," Tony knew he wanted to say something but doesn't know what.

"Oh yeah! We need decor." Tony points to the tall, bland walls.

Pepper chuckles, "You? Decor? Out of all people, you would be the last person I thought would want to decorate."

She propped her head onto her elbow and faced Tony. "What's in your mind, Mister Stark?"

"I don't know. Just noticed some of the walls are plain and boring. Have any suggestions, Miss Potts?" Tony replied.

"I was thinking maybe....."

Hi all of you wonderful people. I just ate a ¢1 McMuffin and I have no regrets. This is short and weird but I got really lazy and had no idea how to continue this chapter. But I did it and I'm proud of myself.
Word count: 492