Chapter Two - Mckinnon

"Thanks again for letting me do the interview, Jeremy." That's right, I was talking to Jeremy Mckinnon, the lead singer of A Day To Remember. 

"No problem, but hey, we should hang sometime, I mean, you're staying for the whole tour right?" He asked standing from his seat on the empty tour bus couch. 

"You know what Jeremy, I checked the setlist so I know you don't have a show for a while," I said also standing so I was next to him once again. 

"I guess you're right, Avery."  He said resting his hand on my neck. I leaned in for a kiss and he did the same. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was only in ADTR's bus for about an hour, including the interview. Don't get me wrong, Jeremy was a really nice guy, I just don't think I have that much of a future with him. Eh, what the hell. 

I checked the time and it was around 5:30. I pulled out the crumpled up paper I had saved since this morning to check what bands would be coming on soon so I can tweet about them. 

5:30 - The Summer Set

I walked behind the stage to where I knew the band would be. I tweeted a picture of the crew setting up. I decided to hang out and watch the band's set because I honestly didn't feel like doing anything else. 

After a forty-five minute set and two encores, The Summer Set finally came off of the stage, I made sure to high five Jess, the girl drummer. She was seriously fricken bad ass. 

The time was 6:15 and I decided to go check in with my manager, Trey. 

"Hey, Trey, is it okay if I take off? I kind of have a 'date' tonight." I raised my fingers for quotation marks on the word date. Sure it was a date but I didn't want it, especially if he ever found out about what I was going to do within the next few minutes. 

"A date, huh? With who? It's Gary from the roadies isn't it?! I always knew you two would make a great couple." Trey was overly gay sometimes. 

"Trey! No!" I smacked his shoulder and continued. "As a matter of fact, it's with Ronnie Radke." I said the final part with less emotion. Trey knew what I had been through and he knows what I do, he must've figured it wasn't going to work out. 

"Avery," He paused. " You know who he is right?" I nodded. I knew, and I wasn't going to deny it. 

He just nodded and walked out of the door to our bus. I scurried over to my bunk and searched  under the matress that seemed like a log or a pile of hard foam. A familiar object struck my hand. Just the feel of it sent chills down my spine. The excitement rushed through me which was seemingly familiar but new every time. I closed my eyes and just lived in the moment. 

The needle. 

I struck the needle into my vein and tilted my head back. That's about all I remember. That's all I could say to myself. 

I kept repeating in my head, " You won't even remember this later, you might as well do it now," and "This is the last time," which it never was. 

The next hour and a half was a blur of me stumbling around the bus and falling over, laughing at random things that wouldn't make sense to anybody else. This was my life most of the time, when I'm not out being a whore im inside being a drug addict. These thoughts always seemed to come to me at these times. I always feel so stupid and like I'm doing nothing with my life and this is the hardest part. I always seem to come to realization about what I'm doing and then, poof. It's gone within the next few minutes. I feel like I'm floating and nothing is real. This is the usual routine. After a while it wears off and leaves you just wanting more when you know you can't have it. 

7:50. 

Shit, I have to meet with Ronnie in the parking lot in 10 minutes! I scrambled through the bathroom in all of my products and tousled my hair with some mousse to give it some waves and then searched for an outift. I had no idea where we would go so I didn't know what to wear. I decided to go casual and just put on a white flowy top from American Eagle, I got back in my hometown, and a pair of jeans. 

I ran out to the parking lot and by that time it was 8:05. No sign of Ronnie. That stupid fucking asshole.

8:15. 

Seriously. Seriously. Seriously. 

8:25. 

I was about to turn back to walk to the bus when I heard the rattling of chains come from behind me. Great, first Ronnie didn't show up and now I'm going to get murdered. Fucking, fantastic. 

"Hey, sorry I'm late, the signing went a little over." I let out a heavy sigh of relief when I figured that it was just Ronnie. 

"You're such an asshole, I thought you were going to murder me!" I slapped his chest and then we laughed about it. 

"Well, I say it's about time we get going. I don't really have a car so we have to walk but it's right down the road." 

"And we're going where exactly?" I asked confused. 

"Well, there's a little diner down the road, it's my favorite." He smiled and held out his hand for me to take. We walked down the road for what seemed like five minutes, maybe less. 

When we finally got to the diner, we made small talk until our food arrived. 

"So, why exactly did you ask me out Mr. Ronnie Radke?" I asked toying with my salad. 

"Well, you just looked so damn cute in that shirt today I though, what the hell?" He laughed and I did to at the fact of how sarcastic he is. 

"Why did you agree Ms. Avery, Avery?" I laughed at my repeated 'last name'. 

"It's Avery Thomas by the way. And I agreed because I was caught up in the moment. You don't actually think I would go out on a date with you?" I held a straight face for less than ten seconds then started laughing at my mean joke. 

"You can't resist me, can you, Avery?" He said and a silly grin grew upon his face. 

"Ugh, gag me." I said as I smirked at him.