Chapter Five - Toka

Today was kind of a day off, it's meant to be a travel day but people usually just stay behind to relax. I decided to have some alone time and go shopping and maybe go out to lunch. Alone.

We've been traveling so much, I don't even know what city we're in.

Down the street there was a little diner downtown that I settled on going to. It was small and quaint, kind of nice for a change. As soon as I walked inside, I was greeted by a smiling and waving Ronnie and some of his band mates. Of course, on my day I was supposed to be alone. Well, they aren't that bad.

"Well if it isn't Ms. Avery Thomas following me again." He smirked at me.

"For the record, I wasn't following you." I said as I stood awkwardly in the same spot.

"Come sit with us!" The boy I recognized as Ryan, yelled.

I did as he said and sat with the three of them. It was Ronnie, Ryan, and Jacky.

"Um, Avery, this is Ryan," he said pointing to the boy wearing a black denim vest. "And this is Jacky," he said pointing to the boy with yellow spiked hair. His hair was wrapped in a bandanna and he was wearing crazy printed pants. "Hey," I said to both of them.

"So why are you here by yourself?" Ronnie questioned.

"Just boredom, nothing better to do. I would be out with Hayley but..."

Ronnie just gave me a smile.

"Well, do you wanna hang out with me today?" He asked still smiling.

"Uh, um, I guess I coul-"

"Cool so, what do you wanna do?"

"I'm kind of hungry.." I said hearing my stomach rumble for about the third time.

We ate and talked but Ryan and Jacky left early, probably to give Ronnie and I some alone time.

"What were you planning on doing today?" He asked me.

"I was going to do some shopping but we can do something else if you want to.." I said. I must have looked disappointed but I didn't mean it.

"We're still going." He said.

He paid for the meal and left the tip, I felt bad.

He led me with his arm around mine like couples do. It was quite cute actually. There was a boutique down the road from the diner.

"Ronnie, this is perfect for you!" I said picking up a male's leather jacket that reminded me of him.

"You think?" He asked holding it up.

I nodded my head and he clung to the jacket. I think he really liked it. I sauntered over to the women's side and looked at a vintage polka dot dress that was my size.

"What do you think?" I showed him the dress.

"I think it's great." He said with a big grin.

"Ronnie, you've said that about every single thing I've showed you." I said giving him a look, even though I was being sarcastic.

"Anything looks good on you." He said knowing he said something right.

"Ugh, gag me. " I said smiling, this is basically how out whole day went. He would say something Ronnie-like and I would be sarcastic in return but secretly we knew we really liked it.

I refused to let Ronnie pay for my dress so I bought it myself.

He walked me back to his bus and we hung out.

He has the cutest dog named Charlie. He's really attached to him. I found it to be adorable.

Ryan opened the door to the back lounge where Ronnie and I were sitting. He was followed by another man with vibrant green hair.

"Avery, this is Matt Toka, he's playing warped this year." Ryan introduced us.

"I think we should play some truth or dare!" Matt said after five minutes of thinking of something to do.

"Okay, I'll go first." Ronnie said as he picked up the empty water bottle next to him to spin.

He spun the bottle and it landed on Matt.

"Mother fuckin' dare." He said at once.

"I dare you to post on twitter that you're the dumbest shit-head ever known to mankind." Ronnie said instantly. He must have been thinking of one beforehand.

Matt whipped out his iPhone and typed exactly what Ronnie said.

Matt spun the bottle and it landed on Ryan.

"Truth." Ryan said. He must have been the non-rebel type.

"Is it true that... You literally peed in a bottle in a bus full of people? I saw that video on YouTube you know."

Ryan let out a chuckle.

"Yes...I don't know how anyone got that video. " He said between laughs.

Ryan spun the bottle and it landed on Ronnie.

"Truth or dare, Ronnie." Ryan said.

"Dare."

"Hmm, thought so. I dare you to..." He thought for a second. Matt leaned over to whisper in Ryan's ear.

"I dare you to kiss Avery." He said this with a smirk on his face.

"You're such a fucking perv, Ryan!" Ronnie yelled. I knew he secretly was glad that happened.

"Hey, don't blame me! It was Matt's idea!" Ryan held up his hands as if he was innocent.

"I thought it would have been funny." Matt was laughing way too hard.

Before Ronnie could respond I put my hand on his face and moved him so he was facing me.

Before it was too late and before he could say anything, I leaned in and kissed him, and it felt incredible.

A/N: Matt Toka in the sidebar! 

Thanks for reading this far, if you want, please vote and comment, it would really mean a lot.